Snow Conditions You Ride In?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snow Conditions You Ride In?

Hybrid View

Snow Conditions You Ride In?

I was talking to another Forum Member, and it got me thinking:

What kind of snow conditions do you guys ride in????, or any weather for that matter.

Last yr in my area, we had about 11 feet total accumulation. I have a long driveway, that circles around my house, and back to the road. The snowbanks were as high as the hood of my truck, and at the time I was driving a HD 3/4 ton Ford P/U with a 7" LIFT and 35" tires (I still have that truck, but I also now have a 1 Ton Crewcab......Family got bigger)

Anyway, we have 6 foot fences around our work sites, with another foot of Barbed Wire over that. In some places all you could see was the Barbed Wire

You can just see the top of the fence that this guy is working toward

Super Tracks can be your friend

RD

Up here in Buffalo, and in the areas just south and a little more inland from Lake Erie in the higher elevations, there can be some very intense snow. Here is one of my Max II's wearing those excellent Rawhide III tires up at my grandparent's cabin. There can be some very deep snow up here and some very serious snow drifts since it is in such a high elevation. Lake Erie lake effect snow blasts Buffalo, NY pretty hard too. I have had Max II's running in 2 feet of snow without tracks. I have considered tracks, but I dont think I would use them that much. I picked up my Hustler 980 BIGFOOT with 26" tires that has a higher ground clearence and it should do quite well in the snow. Only one way to find out!

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Here in Pa. The snowfall is ok. A few years back we got 3ft. My Trackster is pretty much unstoppable.

About 5 years ago we got this HUGE snow. It left almost TWO INCHES of snow on the ground. Unfortunately I didn't have my max yet so I had to stay at home until I could dig out

Seriously though, we used to get at least one good snowfall a year with 4-6" or so of snow but the past 4 years we have had some very mild winters with only an ice storm or two.

I really want to take the Max out in some serious snow but it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon. It was 75 degrees outside yesterday. I don't think I want to try anything like you have Rock Doc. That picture where the bobcat disappears is insane!

Ok now I fell left out the only white stuff we have down here in Fl is sugar sand

Hey guys, if you want the snow, I would trade it with your weather in a second. Haha.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Talking

in real soft fluffy snow over 2 feet deep the body tends to drag and bog you down and the wheels start to spin! thats when the tracks are nice last winter i got the chance to go for a spin in the max 4 factoy demo with the 29hp and tracks and that thing was unstoppable in the snow!!!!! what a blast! i usaly go on 1 or 2 winter rides to the southeren tier in ny (ny-pa border area) the logging and oil rig trails are a blast in the winter and the quads i ride with have a hard time keeping up (i realy loose them on the up hills) and this year maby santa will bring me a camo top for my max 2 !!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread