Yesterday was my first serious trek into my woods after a servere ice storm devastated our local area a couple of weeks ago. The damage is disheartening to look at. I stopped counting when the numbers of trees that were pulled over at the base in my woods reached a dozen. Probably ten times that many suffered broken branches and/or the entire top half of the tree snapped off. What a mess!!!

As wet as it is out in the woods now, with the ice & snow melting, I am really glad to have an amphibious ATV to work with out there. My John Deere would've been buried up to the axles in seconds and my Jeep is just too big to fit inside my trails. My Rokon has pulled a lot of stuff out, but the really big limbs are a job left for the Max IV. Now I need to buy a decent-sized chipper / shredder and start the real task of clearing away all the debris I've dragged out. (There goes my income tax refund.) From the looks of what I've done so far, it may take me all spring and summer to get the job done - and that's if I stick with it 2 - 6 hrs every weekend. Whew! Sure glad I have the Max!! Playing is lots of fun, but it's cool to know it can do its share of hard work, too.