Electric 6 wheeler?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Electric 6 wheeler?

Nice Build

Thanks. I might be doing an upgrade to lithium soon.

A different animal but shows that there's plenty of torque to be had in a electric motor, he's runnin' lithium's also. and has waaay to much money to blow Lol...

!!!OMG!!! ELECTRIC 'PRO MOD' GOLF CART FLIPS OVER BACKWARDS - YouTube

This is a nice thread. I've always enjoyed electric golf cars and boats with electric motors. There's no better stealth feature out there. But to take an amphibious atv and convert it to battery power is really thinking outside the box.
    Immediate torque, nearly silent running, next to no maintenance, etc., this is really a look into the future.

I think a winch and bumper on the front would go a long way to shift the weight balance forward to avoid the rear bias. Maybe weld up a bar from a weight set in such a way that weight(s) could be added to the front for water operations or when a more balanced machine is required.

I'd like to see what this machine is really capable of. Please post up some additional videos.

If I do the switch to lithium that should take over 100lbs out of the back which should help the weight balance.

For my senior engineering class project, I'm building a lithium-ion powered 6x6. I'm not sure on specific motor/batteries yet, but it will be pretty cool

Yes I remember our PM conversation about it. If you start a build thread on it post a link in this thread or PM me so I don't miss it.

Check this out I demo there z turn mower.
    Electric riding lawn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    For my senior engineering class project, I'm building a lithium-ion powered 6x6. I'm not sure on specific motor/batteries yet, but it will be pretty cool
    Seems too simple for someone with your resources. You should build one that runs on potato power. You probably will need a big trailer to connect all them taters together to turn the motors enough to get the 6x6 to move, but that shouldn't be a problem.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn H View Post
    Check this out I demo there z turn mower.
    Electric riding lawn mower
    I've been following them on youtube for a few years, looks as if they have some nice products. Expensive I suspect. I'm working on my own riding lawn mower now, it will probably be lead acid to start. I've had it running on a single 12V battery so far.

+ Reply to Thread