It's video time

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 241 of 249 FirstFirst ... 141 191 231 239 240 241 242 243 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2481

Thread: It's video time

Another awesome video, wish I had a place nearby like that to ride in. That was some true brush busting. Let someone in their Honda Fourtrax or Polaris Sportsman try that. The Coot is a perfect machine for that kind of ride, the laminated steel body, low gearing, and your front brush guard and bear cage really serves you well. That little diesel just chugs along. My Coot has an 18hp B&S, and it takes no time to get the front seat hot as all get out. I bet the diesel doesn't have that problem because they run fairly cool.
    Post up some pics of your engine bay along with some pics of how you have the brake rigged up. I actually have a spare 10hp diesel myself so may have to do the conversion like you did. The 18hp is just overkill on a machine like a Coot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Another awesome video, wish I had a place nearby like that to ride in. That was some true brush busting. Let someone in their Honda Fourtrax or Polaris Sportsman try that. The Coot is a perfect machine for that kind of ride, the laminated steel body, low gearing, and your front brush guard and bear cage really serves you well. That little diesel just chugs along. My Coot has an 18hp B&S, and it takes no time to get the front seat hot as all get out. I bet the diesel doesn't have that problem because they run fairly cool.
    Post up some pics of your engine bay along with some pics of how you have the brake rigged up. I actually have a spare 10hp diesel myself so may have to do the conversion like you did. The 18hp is just overkill on a machine like a Coot anyway.
    Usually I am not a proponent that AATVs can really go places a powerful quod cannot. However on that day I really don’t see it possible to have ridden out there without becoming skewered and filleted without proper production. A SxS might be able to charge up some of these hills better than the Coot (3 times where I needed traction boards to keep moving a machine with momentum and wheel speed could have made it.) Yet that really isn’t how I’d want to ride on these roads. For all the saplings and brush I drove through I may have broken no more than 3-4 small trees and ran over countless hundreds of others doing no lasting damage to them whatsoever. The trail itself only showed the signs of travel if you got right on the rustled leaves from a foot away. For how immensely powerful the Coot feels when driving, it treads paradoxically light. The tires do not slip or tear up the ground unless you completely become stuck and even than it does less damage than a typical ATV throwing rooster tails trying to build momentum for each climb. The high ground clearance and smooth underside leaves small trees intact and ready to spring back up once passed. It is rather amusing to look back while driving and watch everything pop back into place. The coot’s lack of exposed running gear, tie rods, struts, steering components, break lines, calipers, as well as it’s all steel construction gives it a practically limitless structural endurance for this kind of work as well with no fear of a rogue branch piercing, tearing, or bending some critical undercarriage component. I’m sure one of the muskeg running nitro boosted super ATVs such as featured on Ostacruiser’s channel could out climb and mud the Coot but I sure as heck wouldn’t want to try one of those top heavy machines out here with all the back of your neck hair raising side hilling I do. AATVs just have unbeatable center of gravity and work great where other machines get far too unstable to handle not to mention having to compound the element of speed to overcome obstacles just wouldn’t work here.

As for as swapping from the B&S 18 to the Diesel 10. Personally I wouldn’t. Since both engines are governed to the same RPM yet one has almost twice as much power as the other you’ll lose approximately half your torque. In turn you’d need to be geared twice as low than you currently are to maintain the same level of grunt. I can get away with my dismally low top speed of 9.8mph because the majority of my riding is so technical and severe. Long stretches of flat ground are seldom encountered and when they are it’s a bore. I often fantasies about being able to go a little faster, not to mention it be nice to spin the tires more than once every 3 seconds when driving in deep mud. I believe you are actually running lower gearing than I am. Something like a 10 or 11 tooth sprocket. If anything I’d like to see what your coot would drive like with twice the gearing of my machine. With twice the gearing it should put the same amount of torque to the ground (which is essentially unlimited I have never bogged the engine) while maintaining twice the top speed. In the end it is all preference based I guess. Since the Coot is the fastest machine I own, I image speed being nice, but if I had something faster I might not mind it being so slow. The Diesel does get hot enough to make the seat feel like it’s going to combust if run for more than 15min at a time. But this was likely due to the very long snaking exhaust system to clear the steering arm. Once I heat wrapped the exhaust and installed the 80 watt radiator fan the coot has never gotten hot again, even after 2 hours of hill climbing at 90 degree ambient temperature. I would suggest trying the same mod. (I have pictures somewhere, I can try and find and post again). I believe the hand brake setup is completely original. It works rather well and I have never had a problem with it. I use it quite a lot for shifting on steep hills which… is predominantly everywhere I ride.
    The Diesel is also loud. Very loud. Hearing protection a must loud. I have twin mufflers with switch back baffling and my sound gun says 78 Db at the tip. However this is circumvented by the incredible din that emanates from the engine itself. 90 Db in the cockpit. It’s a beautiful sound granted, one that oozes masculinity and confidence.

Not my video but what do you guys make of this. He's got adair tracks but can't seem to get her to go anywhere in the water and has trouble getting on shore just like I did when I tried my plastic tracks, although he clearly can get it to move much more than I could. They look a little wider than the 14.5" tracks adair has on their website, are they a different extended version? This video goes against what I've seen of other videos of the 14.5" tracks, which seem to show the machine going just as well as mine does with the original tires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYqnKvdN3jo

In the water swimming there appears to be an issue with driver's experience. In the latter part of the video the machine and driver have no problems negotiating some pretty rugged terrain.

[QUOTE=Coast2Coast;220058]Not my video but what do you guys make of this. He's got adair tracks but can't seem to get her to go anywhere in the water and has trouble getting on shore just like I did when I tried my plastic tracks, although he clearly can get it to move much more than I could. They look a little wider than the 14.5" tracks adair has on their website, are they a different extended version? This video goes against what I've seen of other videos of the 14.5" tracks, which seem to show the machine going just as well as mine does with the original

We have discovered that it helps to swim in low gear as opposed to high gear. It seems to swim a lot better. Here is a video of us swimming with addairs in the spring.

https://youtu.be/VXmcn7qdCms

Quote Originally Posted by John8x8hdi View Post

We have discovered that it helps to swim in low gear as opposed to high gear. It seems to swim a lot better. Here is a video of us swimming with addairs in the spring.

https://youtu.be/VXmcn7qdCms

Bingo! In high tracks or not the steered to side does not lock up.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

My Argo Tour

This is my little tour of my Argo conquest in really amazing condition. Hope you like...

https://youtu.be/nPapv7LvKl0

Looks to be a fully loaded machine at the time, nice unit.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thank you, sadly I had to sell it last year due to a job change but we had a lot of fun bring her back to life. Only thing I wasn't a huge fan of was the noise with the cab on. First time I was in it with the kids they practically jumped out the window.

Here is my other machine also....

My Amphibious Max out on the pond and some just bombing around for fun

https://youtu.be/QzykvV8bGOc

+ Reply to Thread