Springers, how, why and are they worth it?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Springers, how, why and are they worth it?

I love this idea. It would be great to have this as an option from the factory.

Koowal vids guys
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Keith,this Max II Springer should be off those tires now and on all 6 wheels.
    I would think it would be running by now.
    When will we see some videos of it in action?

Whipper

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Keith,this Max II Springer should be off those tires now and on all 6 wheels.
    I would think it would be running by now.
    When will we see some videos of it in action?

Whipper
    Yeah, I was really hoping to have a Max II with suspension and tracks down to the Mud Nationals myself for testing. Honestly I have not touched it since the last round of pictures. Stupid customers seem to think I should be working on their projects. I took a quick walk around the shop yesterday and took a few pictures. I tried to put descriptions on the photos as I uploaded them.

Even my Max IV trans is busted again. I put the transmission Back in my Hustler 980 pulled the engine and trans on the Max IV to find this.

Then two weeks ago my Grandfather finally passed and a week ago our new Border Collie puppy was ready to be picked up.

I'll give you one guess who is in charge of potty training.

In any case back on subject, I have made some changes and want to hand build one more tower (maybe two) that will eliminate the angle iron so the whole tower that attaches to the body will be sheet metal. I also will make the towers with multiple bolt patterns so they can potentially be fit on different machines like Argos, Attexs and others. If I can get a little time to fabricate and test fit (and it looks OK) I will send the files to the Laser shop for cutting and hope to have two machines ready for Ashtabula. That's the plan for now at least. I'll put pictures in my gallery when I get to fabbing stuff up again. Maybe if things settle down I can get a build thread started after Ashtabula.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Even my Max IV trans is busted again. I put the transmission Back in my Hustler 980 pulled the engine and trans on the Max IV to find this.

Whew,so it's not just me. 2 broken left output shafts in Gizmo in as many years.

(Then two weeks ago my Grandfather finally passed)

Finally?

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    (Then two weeks ago my Grandfather finally passed)

Finally?

One of those grumpy old men. Actually sort of a mean old man. He was the guy that would scream at the neighborhood kids for cutting across his lawn, he would actually sort of wait for them to. I loved him dearly but might have been the only one. 98 and in the nursing home for a number of years, and difficult for the staff I might add. Everything just sort of stopped working. You kind of know its coming at that age, now he is on another journey as this journey through life is finally over for him. Just sort of hope he's not as crabby, although that seemed to make him happy.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Had a long life anyways..

I've heard someone other than Whipperag has a springer kit specifically for a max 4 can someone send me a link

Very interested in adding springs to my coot. Thinking about doing it simple and on as small of a budget as possible. I was thinking I could cut the steering arm off the outer bearing housing replace it with a stud to sit in a bearing for steering inside of a piece of channel iron. Attach the channel iron to where it's hinged outside the body build an upper mount for a coil over and use the channel as the bottom mount for the coilover. Then I'd have to redisign how the steering mounts. Doable or no?

+ Reply to Thread