Bigger drain plug holes for easier clean up

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bigger drain plug holes for easier clean up

Bigger drain plug holes for easier clean up

You know the small drain plugs on my Max really bug me. It think it would be really cool to have a drain plug about four inches wide so you could reach your hand into the rear area of the max and clean out all the junk that falls into you vehicle in a days ride. The system Max uses now with two small drain plugs makes clean up somewhere between hard and impossible. Does anyone have any suggesstions?

Argo drain plugs would be much better. I havn't tried them , but I would like to.

What do Argo drain plugs look like? Could somebody post up some pics?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Check out Brandon's Argo/Max site. They are screw in style and it looks like you can just drill a bigger hole in the body and rivet the Argo drain plugs in place. They're not the 4 inch style that I would want, but at least they're bigger than the Max drains.

Here it is.
    Attached Images

for bigger drain holes, you may want to go with a marine inspecition hatch. They are water tight and mount fairly flush. Check out your local marine/marina for one.

Those Argo drain plugs look pretty nice. I wonder if you can order them from Argo dealers in the US. Any idea on what they might cost?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

My guess is about $7.99 w/o shipping...

Argo will probably be more than happy to sell them to you, but I tend to look toward other sources than "factory direct"...

I can get you down to $4.95 w/o shipping, but that's my final offer...

I'm sure there are comparable deals everywhere without having to bid on it...
    Your local boating/kayaking/outdoor store likely has them. Some rivets and some silicone and you're all set! Just be careful where you place them, as they'll be easy to rip off/out if they're not protected.

~M

other source

you can get them at academy ,bass pro shop,gander mountain or at any boat shop.I got mine at gander mnt.about $5.00 a piece.works very well in my max2

+ Reply to Thread