work or play or hunting

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: what do you use your atv for

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • play

48 57.83%
  • work

11 13.25%
  • hunting

27 32.53%
  • all of above

25 30.12%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: work or play or hunting

Who cares as long as you have an aatv to do it in?

i use my 6x6 for all three working it pays for play time hunting with it ensures a moose in frezer wich saves money on meat.those savings go back to play time its all good

I got mine for hunting and playing. Of course, my wife says hunting is playing so maybe I only got it for play. I also use it to haul materials to my cabin. I haven't decided whether that is play or work. I enjoy it and don't get paid for it, but it can be back-breaking and not too fun. Anyway, it is a multi-purpose machine.

astro41 - I bought my old Argo 6 x 6 to be my mule (I call it the Rubber Truck) when I'm out cutting firewood and making trails to skid it out with a tractor. It carries all my gear in the back (including some I'll never need) and saves my worn out knees a lot of trips back to the truck. When deer season comes, I may go hunting with it. That covers working and hunting, and it's certainly a joy to drive, simply because it's so darn capable. I even had fun repowering, overhauling the drives, and a bit of modifying (not finished with that yet). So there you go - Work, Play, Hunting and a bit of Creative Customization thrown in. If I have time (I'm retired which means I'm much busier than I ever was when I had a job, or even two), those old mechanical disc steering brakes MUST go. I'm thinking hydraulics on a single joystick control also incorporating throttle, MAYBE with winch buttons on top. But I think we all agree, these things have a fun component built into them - the sensible purposes are just great excuses to get out there.

I'm with Rock Doc on this one. When I bought my Bigfoot I was working for the Gov trapping beaver in NC. At that time the Gov had a deal that they would pay a stipend to us to use our own ATV's on the job. Then I switched jobs and went to TX, still trapping, this time coyotes and bobcats, then NM, WY, PA and now KS. The last 2 stops, PA and KS provided a Gov ATV for use on the job. By that time the 'foot was paid for and starting to show some wear and tear. Many times I spent 25-30 hrs a week on that machine. So I'm with Doc, when you do it all the time, it does get to be work, but it sure beats pouring concrete or working in a cabinet shop! Now my 'foot gets used for turtle trapping and checking limb lines on the river, both on my own time. I can still be talked into playing in the mud so to speak, but the talker has to be pretty and single!

Hunting and play. My work vehicle has more than 6 or 8 wheels.

all the above,a word 2 the wise,be careful picking up decoys,the tires suck em in and chew em up.I use the maxx4 to launch the jetskee and jon boat,truck tools around the property,bring in fire wood and play with the grand kids.Also,if shrinks could write prescriptions to own one of these things we'd have alot less stressed out people and a lot more unemployed shrinks.

Both are good things, in my opinion.

95% play on my end, although maybe when I retire, I might be able to find a gig that would allow me to work in my machines,,,, which to me, would result in playing!!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

play and hunting, can pulling out four wheelers pass for work? hehe.

+ Reply to Thread