Towing capacity of Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Towing capacity of Conquest

Towing capacity of Conquest

Does anybody know the maximum load for towing is?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul219 View Post
    Does anybody know the maximum load for towing is?
    Looked up my electronic owners manual and it is not listed. I would assume that it is the same as the payload max. 1000 lbs. I know I have pulled other 8x8's out of mud holes without any difficulties, just used low gear.

Just done a quick google search and it states the towing capacity for a conquest is 1600lbs.

Argo Conquest 8x8

Here is some other towing capacities for other models...

Vehicles | Ottawa Argo
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Max Towing capacity for my Conquests is as much as they can pull without spinning out. Usually limited by ground conditions, soft, muddy, Muskeg, ect.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Max Towing capacity for my Conquests is as much as they can pull without spinning out. Usually limited by ground conditions, soft, muddy, Muskeg, ect.

RD
    Hey Doc, I thought that you kinda reached for the carry capacity once with a load of plywood. No?

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post

Hey Doc, I thought that you kinda reached for the carry capacity once with a load of plywood. No?
    Hahaha, I think that was 17 sheets of 1/2" and 3/4" OSB Plywood across the back of the machine, I think thats close to 1,200lbs. Then the gear under the wood, plus a couple 200+ lb guys. It was probably about a Ton on the Conquest, that was the second load that day, and the only time I've ever broke an Axle. Was winter and in deep snow, no trailers involved :-).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B6XxApY0_4U

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Hahaha, I think that was 17 sheets of 1/2" and 3/4" OSB Plywood across the back of the machine, I think thats close to 1,200lbs. Then the gear under the wood, plus a couple 200+ lb guys. It was probably about a Ton on the Conquest, that was the second load that day, and the only time I've ever broke an Axle. Was winter and in deep snow, no trailers involved :-).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B6XxApY0_4U

RD

So you busted n axle and just kept going! Wow what a beast. I can tell you right now I baby my machine compared to how you drive yours. You are a true insperation Rock Doc. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted1 View Post
    So you busted n axle and just kept going! Wow what a beast. I can tell you right now I baby my machine compared to how you drive yours. You are a true insperation Rock Doc. Lol
    No, not at all. My machine ended up sitting right there in the middle if the trail for about 2 months, untill spring when I could get to it with my quad and change out the axle. I drove my buddies machine back out.

This is from the trip in to fix it

http://youtu.be/C8EkC7L3ky0

RD
    Last edited by Rock Doctor; 10-27-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Very cool the trips you get to make. Around here you can't go very far before you come to a paved road. I appreciate you sharing all these super cool videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Twizted1 View Post
    Very cool the trips you get to make. Around here you can't go very far before you come to a paved road. I appreciate you sharing all these super cool videos.
    You should try Cleveland.

+ Reply to Thread