Outboard and controls

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Outboard and controls

Outboard and controls

Was wondering if anyone uses an outboard on there machine?
    What size outboard ol would I need for a Conquest?
    Anyone have remote controls for the outboard to control from front seat?
    I have an extension for the throttle. But would be cool to have control front, reverse and throttle from the front seat. Anyone?

Has anyone seen it done?

i will b pushing mine with a 4hp yamaha 4 stroke. I have to finish the mount up before i can use it, but i think it will do fine. not looking to win any races, just fish.. I will also have my 55 trolling motor on there, it moved the max with ease so i am assuming similar results on the argo.. I may even get a little better performance on the argo, as the mount on the max was up front and the thrust somewhat was inhibited by the body/tires.. We will see come warm weather.. Maybe sooner if work stays slack..

Jason

Ps, if it works well I have a 3 hp 2 stroke Yamaha that I will be selling. It's a long shaft so it should fit well.
    Last edited by jtb51b; 12-20-2014 at 05:11 PM.
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

Sounds interesting. I was thinking of trying to put the controls up front so I wouldn't have to climb in the back. There are some pretty deep and wide creeks I would like to go up. And think an outboard would be better. I also scored a 55lb thrust trolling motor I may try.

+ Reply to Thread