Emergency Style Strobes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emergency Style Strobes

Emergency Style Strobes

I live in a populated area. And I have been kicking the idea of putting Led strobes on my machine for visibility when traversing roads. Anyone ever do this?

Check out the video in this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...tml#post180179

Also, they can come on some Argos new. Here is a photo of an Avenger from Bost Argo outfitted with strobes. I saw this one in person a month ago and even in the day, they were BRIGHT!. I stole the image from their site: Bost Argo, Centaur Sales|Sales and Service|Rockwell NC 28138

Click image for larger version

Name:	Argo Avenger Fire Dept.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	13068

You can see the two lights on the back in the photo and if you look close, on the side, there are two small round lights that were much brighter than they look. I liked these lights as they were very small. An Argo dealer may be able to tell you more.

Your the man Mike! Thanks for that. For some reason I couldn't find anything when I searched. I come across some small round ones. They are a bit pricey but, I'll probably try them. I'd mount one in each headlight as I don't use the stock head lights anyway. Then mount 2 on the back. I'm thinking green and Amber. Here are a couple links.

LED Hideaway - LAMPHUS SnakeEye II-6 SEHA16 REV.1

Here's a video of the colors.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nOSixBBU5XY

your law must be pretty forgiving up that way. Ride any kind of atv's down here on a road and you'll have plenty of strobes, all blue and all right behind you. I've seen some small yellow strobes in big truck supply places, seemed pretty cheap too.

Around here you could ride all day on the side of county roads. Just not on state roads. But you can cross them. I had to get the Argo tagged to be legal though. I don't even have to have the strobes or hazards. I just prefer them so I don't get run over.

Lucky you! I've seen them write tickets to young folks for riding on county ROW's here. I've been told it's legal to cross a road down here but I don't know that for sure. So I look both ways real closely and haul booty to get across. No way for a tag here. The strobes are probably a good idea.

Just for fun I looked up Florida's Atv laws. Your state hates atvs.
    Last edited by Twizted1; 12-21-2014 at 12:57 PM.

They don't seem too fond of us rednecks in general either.

The strobes that are on the Muscateer work great however seeing as the stick up, they can be knocked off. Thus my goal is to when I make my engine cover find some recessed mounted ones for back and sides and up front I'll figure something out same as on side of tub...

They are for ATTRACTION and safety when on a search or in a parade for me.

We can get limited licensing here for crossing roads and use on public lands but I'm not 100 percent on how or what's involved at this time.

As for flashy lights the local LEO have not bothered me yet...
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Check out the video in this thread: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...tml#post180179

Also, they can come on some Argos new. Here is a photo of an Avenger from Bost Argo outfitted with strobes. I saw this one in person a month ago and even in the day, they were BRIGHT!. I stole the image from their site: Bost Argo, Centaur Sales|Sales and Service|Rockwell NC 28138

Attachment 13068

You can see the two lights on the back in the photo and if you look close, on the side, there are two small round lights that were much brighter than they look. I liked these lights as they were very small. An Argo dealer may be able to tell you more.
    That setup right there is why I want an 8x8 instead of a 6x6. However as good as Argo are, I preferr the drive method of a mud oxx which im my mind is far superior. howver mud ox is mid engine and that doesnt work for a litter like argo...

guess one has to somehow make a machine up that is the best of BOTH machines
    MUSCATEER 6x6
    Kubota 14hp 2cyl diesel engine, Hagen/Rooter transmission Comet 780 Drive/770 Driven 22x12x8 Bearclaw tyres
    Soon to add on a ... RHB31 Turbo..guess that would make it a
    MUSCA TUR BOTA then eh?
    94 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI ZF 5sp
    90 Bronco..awaiting a rebuild like no other = Tons and turbo diesel

Okanagan Similkameen BC Canada
    Al "Camo pants"

+ Reply to Thread