Grease new bearings??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grease new bearings??

Grease new bearings??

Ok I have taken my max IV apart and I am in the process of putting it back together, I bought all new bearings. I have already installed all new inner bearings and am getting ready to install the new outer bearings. My inner bearing flanges are not greasable, should I have greased them before the install? I have heard yes and no. By the way I got them from buffalo bearings.

I grease all my bearings on the bench before install. I've had dry or nearly dry bearings out of box. I do this as some may not get installed or used for some time( many go out to remote sites). Inboard greasable flanges are pretty reasonable6-8$ each. I hate to tell you to remove what you did but I wouldn't assemble a max without greasable bearing flanges.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    Inboard greasable flanges are pretty reasonable6-8$ each.
    msafi65, do you know if greasable flanges are available for the older Argos (early or mid 80s with the double #50 chain)? If so do you happen to have a part #? We don't have a bearing house down here on the Kenai anymore :-(

I use the Argo # 606-92 flange on Argo and Max. Three bolt flanges are available in 62 mm greasable but you need to drill 2 holes. I made a drill jig years ago but have just been using the Argo parts lately.

+ Reply to Thread