chain lube

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: chain lube

chain lube

friends, after redesigning my max 2 and now having exposed chains i have tried 3 to 4 different lubes recommended by atv and dirt bike riders. the best one seems to be the ''dupont chain saver '' . mud and dirt hardly stick and what does rinses off easily. hopes this helps. check it out and order online. john boy va.

Hi John My name is Gene Boyd. I have a Max II. I have been working on making a pair of paddle wheels for the rear to give me more speed in water. I was told by Drew C. (i can't recall how to spell his last name) that you may have been trying the same thing. And may have some info to help me. I am trying to add my picture but I not sure how. I did weld and piece of tubing to a plate that bolts to the lug studs. I split the tub in half long ways and placed a piece of sheet steel into the tub and welded the tub to the sheet steel. It seems to help. Any advice you can give is appreciated. Thanks Gene Boyd.

hello gene , look under tire,wheel and tracks section here and on page 4 i believe is a title johnboy's bear claws. you will see a picture of what i made. they worked well. john boy va.

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hello gene , look under tire,wheel and tracks section here and on page 4 i believe is a title johnboy's bear claws. you will see a picture of what i made. they worked well. john boy va.
    ^^^^^ good guy. I told you he would be happy to help!👌
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I use Repsol chain lube and clean it once a month. Maxima is also a great brand to buy.

I always use an open gear restoration lube...keeps it quiet and stays where I spray it.

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Extreme-Ch.../dp/B000R8EI08

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    I always use an open gear restoration lube...keeps it quiet and stays where I spray it.

CRC Extreme Duty Open Gear and Chain Lube, 12 oz Aerosol Can, Black: Power Tool Lubricants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
    I once had to grease up an open gear machine. The stick broke so I used my fingers thinking open gear grease would wipe off like regular grease. Even fast orange wouldn't remove it. Good stuff, defiantly a must for expansive chains.

P.s. Canadian Zuk, are you the same Canadian or jeepkings or zookpower? Bandit86

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert77 View Post
    I once had to grease up an open gear machine. The stick broke so I used my fingers thinking open gear grease would wipe off like regular grease. Even fast orange wouldn't remove it. Good stuff, defiantly a must for expansive chains.

P.s. Canadian Zuk, are you the same Canadian or jeepkings or zookpower? Bandit86

LOL, that's why I like the open gear resto lube so much. That sh!t stays exactly where you put it and water cannot get past it.

Yup, that's me Man, how have you been? John let Zookpower fade away and I haven't been on Jeepkings in a few years. I still have my Sami with the ECO cage and wheel it occasionally, but since my son came along I've been focusing on more family oriented outdoor fun. He LOVES his "Are-Doe" lol...I'll let him call my Max an Argo for now

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Zuk View Post
    LOL, that's why I like the open gear resto lube so much. That sh!t stays exactly where you put it and water cannot get past it.

Yup, that's me Man, how have you been? John let Zookpower fade away and I haven't been on Jeepkings in a few years. I still have my Sami with the ECO cage and wheel it occasionally, but since my son came along I've been focusing on more family oriented outdoor fun. He LOVES his "Are-Doe" lol...I'll let him call my Max an Argo for now
    It's like calling a samurai a jeep

I haven't been in an argo yet, going out with it this weekend, I'd like to come along to get a feel for them

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert77 View Post
    It's like calling a samurai a jeep

I haven't been in an argo yet, going out with it this weekend, I'd like to come along to get a feel for them
    I think I'm finally over the Jeep/Zuk thing lol. I've got a 1952 Willeys pickup truck I will be bringing back to life next year to use as a badass daily driver.

I'm selling my 1996 Argo very soon, it's a standard Vanguard (not a bigfoot) but if you are interested I can offer you a great deal on it. I bought it last year to get my feet wet and see if I liked the AATV thing. I do like and recently bought a MAX to replace it.

+ Reply to Thread