Beeswax

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beeswax

Beeswax

Would beeswax help slow down a wheel seal leak

Remove the tire. Clean the bead. Sand the bead area on the rim. Paint and allow to dry. Use silicone caulk if you want. Anything else is a gamble.

It would probably lubricate it and allow the tire to spin on the wheel easier.

Some here have success with Slime and various recipes of such. I haven't tried it but the guy I bought my machine from used it and it really rusted my wheels. I hear that the newer formula doesn't do this.

I've used bead sealer. It works.

I'm now using Permatex High Tack Gasket Sealant. It works too and has prevented my tires from spinning on the wheels so far; for me, an issue related to track use only.

Oh yeah, and you can't skip what thebuggyman1 has suggested.

Sorry I ment water coming in the tub from the wheel bearings

If it's truly coming through the bearing, replace them. If the deal is bad and it's leaking through the flanges, use 3m strip caulk between the flanges and the body and then grease the bearings.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Not sure if that is where it's leaking from the bearings seem tight no play in them but I can see water running out from that area

Quote Originally Posted by SELERONN View Post
    Not sure if that is where it's leaking from the bearings seem tight no play in them but I can see water running out from that area
    I would like to know what kind and year of machine you are dealing with but first try greasing the bearings well with marine bearing grease and let us know how that works. bees wax is not something that anybody has ever told me that it cures bearing leaks.

I have a prairie bobcat not sure of the year

image.jpg

Not looking for a cure just a temp fix going to get new bearings over the winter
    I was told that they use to use it on boats around some of the seals not sure if this is right or not

try it out,I actually have put some thick antiseize on the outside of my flanges and bearings and it sticks pretty good.I have read about people cheaping out on waxing their boat hulls and just using vaseline,it works but does not last as long as boat wax,I am talking about the part of the boat below the water line obviously.

+ Reply to Thread