Where to install the light bar?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to install the light bar?

Where to install the light bar?

Thank you for all the great info on this site. I've lurked for a while and now I am requesting your opinion/expertise...

I have a 20" LED light bar and cannot decide if I want to install it on the brush guard, or on the bottom of the first crossbar on the rack (see picture). Will I get too much glare even though the crossbar is in front of the windshield? If there is not too much glare, I think having the light higher would help eliminate some shadows. What do you think?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

I would mount it Under the first cross bar. That way its out front and you can angle it .

I would go with it under the first cross bar if possible

RD

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Gotta' think about limbs and stuff hitting them also. Keep us posted on what you do. I still can't make up my mind about the best place to put a light bar.

I like mine mounted just above the winch. But I don't think you can go wrong mounting it upside down to that first cross bar.

Thanks for the input. I decided to go with the first crossbar on the rack. I went back and forth on putting it there or on the brush guard. What swayed me towards the rack was two things: The higher elevation would help eliminate some shadows in front of the Argo and it seems that most brush is lower than the top of the rack. Wiring the light for the rack was more labor but I think it will be worth it. I ran the wires inside the tubing from the base to the crossbar. Comparing the headlights to the LED light bar, the light bar wins!

Thanks again for your opinions. Now if I can just find me a moose!
    Attached Images

Big improvement between headlights and light bar. Is that the brushguard for an XTI?

It is supposed to the heavy duty brush guard that works with the ROPS system. It's part #642-80 and it looks just like the XTI brush guard. I bought it locally and the dealer said it's the "newer version" of the brush guard for the HDI's.

Sweet set up (light it up)

+ Reply to Thread