anti seize compound- which brand do you use?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anti seize compound- which brand do you use?

anti seize compound- which brand do you use?

I have some old antiseize in a can I've been using for ages and was going to get some new one to assemble my Bigfoot. But there are so many! And I know some are better than others, there are even differrent types like copper, nickel, etc.

Which ones do you guys use?

Loctite nickel mostly. Not sure what copper is for different but a little more runny and seems to settle in bottle.

I am sure there is a good reason to have different kinds you could find out on there website.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Searching on the website I came across post about some brand antiseize having less metal than others die to cutbacks. Caterpillar brand comes highly recommended.

Read a post about a guy using low strength thread locker on everything, as apparently it doesn't dry out like anti seize, but turns into plastic.

I use the Caterpillar brand, it works well and there is a Cat place close to my house. The copper base is used for higher heat or something you need electrical conductivity for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerlarry View Post
    I use the Caterpillar brand, it works well and there is a Cat place close to my house. The copper base is used for higher heat or something you need electrical conductivity for.
    good to know thanks
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

I use Kopr Kote for things that need higher conductivity.

Mostly I use Nickle based permatex. They said it was their highest heat rating and best for steel to aluminum contact

I've been wanting to try the nickel, you just sold me!

+ Reply to Thread