How to add value to AATV for selling

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to add value to AATV for selling

How to add value to AATV for selling

Hello all,

Currently doing up a Max II with view to selling on once finished.

Wondering if any of you have ideas about accessories etc to add to make it more attractive to potential buyers.

Obviously I want to only do things that pay off when I sell it.

I'm already doing a LED lighting upgrade.

I'm thinking a winch, a cab/windscreen etc but like to hear your ideas.

Very few accessories add value for sale price above the cost of the accessory. If you had to put a new engine in, going slightly bigger tends to pay off an most machines. The winch and roll bar are good to have in the machine, although they basically just help sell it better. When I build a machine I don't intend to keep, I sell off all the other accessories separately to maximize what I get out of it. Unless you go all out and make it into a stereo/light factory on wheels like the razor guys do, it's best to keep it clean and factory looking. People don't mind factory options, but a whole bunch of bolt on stuff tends to turn townie real fast and tends to scare most buyers away.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Good points Drew, for instance if you were looking for a reliable Honda car today would you buy the one that's factory or the one with the big trash can muffler and a gauge pod? Chances are the trash can has been drag raced and trashed but is flashier.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

The most efficient way to make your machine most profitable is nearly free: clean it. There's a blue liquid product called Flash, and it really brightens up the plastic on these machines for a more showroom look. Vacuum all the leaves out, wipe down the grease thrown off the chains, and clean off any running dirt after washing. Make it look the best it can when the buyer arrives. If they decide to pass, clean it again for the next one.

Another thing is a professional ad. Too many times we come across an ad where it shows just half the upper body, with the sun glaring into the camera. It's usually followed by a vague description and a contact by email only. The goal is to make the ad viewer excited when they see the machine. Take the maximum 24 pictures of every angle on the Max. Body, chains, dash, tires, etc. Then post a detailed description of everything you've done to the machine and its capabilities. Talking on the phone rather than texting makes the deal go by much faster as well. Once I spent 2 weeks emailing a guy back and forth about some parts on Craigslist, and could have accomplished it in a 5 minute phone call. Presentation is one of the most important aspects of selling.

Good luck with your machine!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O. View Post
    The most efficient way to make your machine most profitable is nearly free: clean it. There's a blue liquid product called Flash, and it really brightens up the plastic on these machines for a more showroom look. Vacuum all the leaves out, wipe down the grease thrown off the chains, and clean off any running dirt after washing. Make it look the best it can when the buyer arrives. If they decide to pass, clean it again for the next one.

Another thing is a professional ad. Too many times we come across an ad where it shows just half the upper body, with the sun glaring into the camera. It's usually followed by a vague description and a contact by email only. The goal is to make the ad viewer excited when they see the machine. Take the maximum 24 pictures of every angle on the Max. Body, chains, dash, tires, etc. Then post a detailed description of everything you've done to the machine and its capabilities. Talking on the phone rather than texting makes the deal go by much faster as well. Once I spent 2 weeks emailing a guy back and forth about some parts on Craigslist, and could have accomplished it in a 5 minute phone call. Presentation is one of the most important aspects of selling.

Good luck with your machine!
    Right on Nick, forgot to mention cleaning. Nothing turns me off more then an add for anything that is dirty, after all if you can't take the time to clean it to get rid of it you probably didn't clean it when you kept it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for the replies, good advice.

Definitely believe in good pictures and advert.
    Will try out Flash, thanks.

One of the things I've got planned is sanding and spraying any rust patches on the rollcage and zinc galv spraying the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by nethermoor View Post
    Thanks for the replies, good advice.

Definitely believe in good pictures and advert.
    Will try out Flash, thanks.

One of the things I've got planned is sanding and spraying any rust patches on the rollcage and zinc galv spraying the wheels.
    All metal parts on a resto build should either be wire-wheeled, sanded, or blasted, and painted or powder coated. This will achieve the highest return vs any accessories added.

hey nethermoor wot u got and when u parting with it i might be interested atb

The other important detail is fixing all of the deficiencies of the machine.
    Don't list the machine as "great condition ready to ride, just needs new tires, throttle cable and carb rebuild"!

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    The other important detail is fixing all of the deficiencies of the machine.
    Don't list the machine as "great condition ready to ride, just needs new tires, throttle cable and carb rebuild"!
    Lol, we search the same ads!

+ Reply to Thread