What in the world ? Anyone know Why someone would do this ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What in the world ? Anyone know Why someone would do this ?

What in the world ? Anyone know Why someone would do this ?

I found this when i was surfing kijiji... I am guessing the "pod tubes" are for extra floatation.. But why would one need to do this ? Has anyone done this ? If so, what was the benefit ? Ive taken my argo accross a lake before, it was a long time ago, but to my best recollection it never felt "tippy"...

image.jpgimage.jpg
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

It could be for added stability in the water. That machine has a pretty tall cargo rack.

The higher you float, the faster you go. Also if you overload the machine in the water, they would help keep it stable.

thats not a cargo roof its a dance floor for the tango.

some people only use there argos for water so its nice to have a bit more flotation.

Quote Originally Posted by wfo View Post
    thats not a cargo roof its a dance floor for the tango.
    LMAO
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

I use my Max IV on the local lake quite a bit for fishing. I use a trolling motor on the front and have added a couple of foam floats to the front under the winch mount to keep the front more stable. Boat wakes can swamp you fairly easy.

What ever Floats his Boat ?
    Sorry I had to say it !
    The voices in my head told me to.

The same concept applies to anything, take a kayak, put an outrigger on it, and it becomes an extremely stable platform. If I recall, this particular machine had floats that could be raised and lowered to be either off road or on the water ready.

Don't thy make inserts for your wheels that also do something like this ?

+ Reply to Thread