Amphibious walking beam trailer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Amphibious walking beam trailer

The 7 day cure time is up. After the first 4 days the glue was still tacky, this glue use's humidity to cure, I wound up having to tent it and stick a humidifier under it. It started to sit up just fine after that. The humidity in the mountains of CO is very dry, then we heat with wood so that drys out the air even more. Anyway it came out just fine. I would use the quick cure if I did it again.

Some crate motors are sent in a plastic tub if you check with some local auto places they will sell them to you for $25.00 at least they did for us around here. I haven't bought one in a couple years.

Another thought for a tub, thanks Bob.

Painted the walking beams and bolted them to the tub. This is how I will lock the walking beam if I need a trailer tire for a spare on the max.

Well she's just about done. I'm running out of room in the shop, I want to leave it inside for a while longer just to make sure the glue is fully cured. This is the basic trailer, I will build a cover out of the 18oz truck tarp material. What did you guys use for a drain plug?

I drill 3/4" holes and use the body plugs for max. I install from inside mainly so I don't have to get under it. What did the tub end up for weight?

Nice job.

What's that beast in the background?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    I drill 3/4" holes and use the body plugs for max. I install from inside mainly so I don't have to get under it. What did the tub end up for weight?
    That works for me, keep it simple with the same size as the Max.
    The tub came in at 48#. The trailer as it sits, 225#, half the weight is tires and wheels at 116#.
    I'm very happy with the weight, it's half the weight of the other two I built.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Nice job.

What's that beast in the background?

Thanks Jim.
    Thats a suzuki buggy. It's got a 3 cyl metro motor with samurai tranny, t-case and axles. Front and rear steer with a thin wall chrome moly frame 1245# wet on the scales.
    Runs on 33x9.50 tires in the summer and Camoplast tracks in the winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-oHUerYspg

Last edited by Hideous 4x4; 01-24-2017 at 11:06 AM. Reason: forgot picture

That is a way cool machine you have there
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

+ Reply to Thread