saved a deer on the ice but sunk the amphib.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: saved a deer on the ice but sunk the amphib.

saved a deer on the ice but sunk the amphib.

At least the pond was not deep.
    Acta non verba

After looking around a bit the machine appears to be a Hydratrak.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Very little freeboard to start with
    Deer-rescue response sinks in Roxbury pond
    Acta non verba

jerseybigfoot Great effort. The only thing between a super hero and a man with expensive toys is using them for the benefit of others.

I assist with a volunteer fire co in Franklin NJ and had a drill on Sunday and their Argo avenger 8x8 would never be used for a thin ice rescue. There are other textbook plans that work.The OEM in Roxbury probably wanted to go play.
    On Sunday the fire co practiced ditch crossings, embankment transitions and some side hills which offers sufficient pucker factor. The worst places for amphibs is entering and exiting a body of water with no beach especially a frozen lake.
    The big issue with most of amphibs equipped as emergency responders is the added weight (other than training). Personally i think they would be better served with multiple lighter machines than one big rig fully optioned out.
    Acta non verba

My hat is off to the rescuers anyhow you look at it. That crew still drove out on thin ice in an effort to rescue a deer, which had it worked would have been great training for saving a person(s) in a similar predicament. I hope the crew now realizes the limits of their equipment in certain circumstances, and learned some lessons that will contribute the next time the aatv is called out for action. Anyway you look at it, that amphib crew are all heroes.

Man, that was intense.

Would be a good application of dual tires

Thanks for sharing, like Mike said that was intense for sure
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

+ Reply to Thread