New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 504 of 722 FirstFirst ... 4 404 454 494 502 503 504 505 506 514 554 604 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi Roger, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Argo. Have fun with it.

Thanks for the feedback. I will PM to see if the scrambler is still available.

I am in the Durham Chapel Hill area. I will not be getting the Argo until Oct.
    I Have never ridden an ATV or AATV before but fell in love with the sport when I saw my first 6x6 Max on a snow covered golf course as a boy.(many years ago)
    I hope the site will help me as I know nothing about ATV riding.

Quote Originally Posted by scottpierce View Post
    I am in the Durham Chapel Hill area. I will not be getting the Argo until Oct.
    I Have never ridden an ATV or AATV before but fell in love with the sport when I saw my first 6x6 Max on a snow covered golf course as a boy.(many years ago)
    I hope the site will help me as I know nothing about ATV riding.
    Welcome, I am also fairly new here. This site is full of great information and extremely helpful people. What model of Argo are you getting?

I have owned and rebuilt a number of off road vehicles over the years. I presently have among others, a Max II (mid 70's), Pug (late 60's), Hummer H1 (1994 bought new), Polaris Big Boss 6x6 with tracks, Polaris Ranger with Mattracks, Cushman Trackster (1972?), ASV Track Truck (1986), 1973 Raider snowmobile, 2004 Ski Doo Elite snowmobile, 2007 Yamaha VK Professional snowmobile, and a 2012 Ski Doo Expedition SE snowmobile.

All are in running condition except the Max II and the Cushman Trackster. I think the Max II will be my next project. It hasn't been run in years and I know I have to replace all of the balloon one piece tires and wheels.

My first question is if anyone can please tell me of a economical source for new wheels and tires and what size tires I should get for a mid 70's Max II? Making adapters to the existing axles is not an issue for me.

Welcome Trenchman44,

That's a heck of a collection you have. I would go with k-lock rims from Mudd-Ox and either whatever tire they are selling with the II's now or the Carlisle's from summit racing in a 21. There are a lot of threads regarding Max II wheels and you can do all sorts up to anything just under a true 25" tire if you are willing to mold the body a little bit. I suggest doing some research on here if you want to go that route and buying the adaptors from Adair Argo Sales. Those guys sell them cheaper than most people can make them on their own using the template in the how to section.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Well I live in Alaska and just happened to pick up a Hustler and a Max II a couple weeks ago. they are pretty fun right now but need A LOT of work. I stumbled across this sight when I was looking for information on them and have learned quite a bit in the short time that I have had to read it. I look forword to reading more and hopefully get some advise on my machines as i rebuild them. Nice to meet everyone.

Josh

Hi Josh, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your rebuild(s).

hello
    I live in British Columbia Canada and have a 2012 Argo 750 HDI
    I was checking my drive chains and they all seem to be a little on the tight side.Does anyone know an easy way to get a little bit of slack in them without having to remove them and slack off the adjusters.

sticky where in BC are you? I am near kelowna

+ Reply to Thread