New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 509 of 722 FirstFirst ... 9 409 459 499 507 508 509 510 511 519 559 609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Ygmir, congratulations on the new-to-you Max. If you have a serial number from the data plate on the dash or side of the tub, there is a thread in the Max forum that will help you figure out the year.
    I got the number: 5285 Max II
    but, can't find the thread you refer to, that tells years by number.....I've been known to be computer illiterate, so, can someone link me to it? Thanks
    Henry:
    I don't know where I'm going, but, I'm on my way...........

The thread is the first one in the Max forum here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...rial-year.html Yours looks to be about a 1978 or 1979 model

Hi I'm Todd. Own a older argo 8x8

Hi Todd, welcome to the forum.

Hello all! I purchased a new 750 hdi 8x8 fully loaded and just received it 3days ago. Wondering if it will swim at all with the rubber 18" tracks on it. I was told it doesn't swim with the tracks. Not sure if the guy meant at all or just not as well. I live in Minnesota and will be using it for hunting and trapping. Thaanks

Welcome Caveman, it will not swim anywhere with rubber tracks. Adair tracks swim of you need a track and to cross water.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Hi All,

I’ve been a member for a while now and have learned a lot about KID 8x8s. I purchase one a few years ago that was restored by Jeremy. I’m slowly making a few modifications and would like to discuss some ideas.

Kyle

I have been reading the 6x6 forums for years. I have been trying to get the dealers in Alaska to take me for a ride in a skid steer and no response. So a couple of days ago I paid a few bucks for a 1996 used Max IV, figuring I could always resell it if I did not like it and I could finally decide if I wanted to pay the 30,000 plus for a new unit which I was ready to do. Well I love the old piece of machine that I bought so much that I think I will just invest the money in upgrades. Between my Polaris 500 6x6 with tracks and this machine I have a really good combo. The Polaris works much better going over logs and in some cases is better in the swamps, but when it comes to the deep muck this Max is incredible. I don't think I am even going to bother with tracks. I can pick my way around the real bad stuff. First upgrade I would like to do is put some disc brakes on the machine. If anyone has a connection for this I would appreciate it. So at age 60 I have finally got my skid steer. Hey if anyone wants a free ride to see if they might want one I will give it to them. I just don't know what the problem is with giving someone a ride to see what they think of it. Sid in Alaska.

750 HDI

Sid,

Where in Alaska do you live? I live in Susitna Valley (Talkeetna). BTW, your Max should already have disk brakes under the front floor board. They are not powered, but are basically just for parking brakes. The main braking system is in the T20 transmission. The manufacturer does not recommend using the external (parking) brakes for active braking. If you don't have an owner's manual, you should check it out on this site, in the manuals section.

+ Reply to Thread