New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 510 of 722 FirstFirst ... 10 410 460 500 508 509 510 511 512 520 560 610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by kyle_b_3 View Post
    Hi All,

I’ve been a member for a while now and have learned a lot about KID 8x8s. I purchase one a few years ago that was restored by Jeremy. I’m slowly making a few modifications and would like to discuss some ideas.

Kyle
    Welcome (officially) to the forum. Have fun with your KID.

Quote Originally Posted by sidney View Post
    I have been reading the 6x6 forums for years. I have been trying to get the dealers in Alaska to take me for a ride in a skid steer and no response. So a couple of days ago I paid a few bucks for a 1996 used Max IV, figuring I could always resell it if I did not like it and I could finally decide if I wanted to pay the 30,000 plus for a new unit which I was ready to do. Well I love the old piece of machine that I bought so much that I think I will just invest the money in upgrades. Between my Polaris 500 6x6 with tracks and this machine I have a really good combo. The Polaris works much better going over logs and in some cases is better in the swamps, but when it comes to the deep muck this Max is incredible. I don't think I am even going to bother with tracks. I can pick my way around the real bad stuff. First upgrade I would like to do is put some disc brakes on the machine. If anyone has a connection for this I would appreciate it. So at age 60 I have finally got my skid steer. Hey if anyone wants a free ride to see if they might want one I will give it to them. I just don't know what the problem is with giving someone a ride to see what they think of it. Sid in Alaska.
    Sid, welcome to the site.

Hello my many wheeled friends

Hey!

This is my current 8x8, it's an '02 Conquest. So far I've been having a blast with it, at least after I replaced the battery so that the winch didn't kill it instantly. The first couple of bog-pits weren't very quick to extract myself from using a 3/4 ton come-a-long....

I purchased an Alternator Kit which should be arriving shortly, so that'll be better. I also purchased a couple of LED spot lights for the front, haven't yet replaced the stock (and broken) halogen lights up top.

Next on the list are tracks... I'm leaning towards the Bolduc's. Mostly we are riding muskeg/swamp, mud, mud under a layer of water, and packed but poorly maintained dirt roads. The odd grassy patch, and I assume all of the above, except frozen, in another month or so.

2014-09-23 18.16.17.jpg

Hey Swamp Donkey, welcome to the forum. I hope you continue to have fun with your Argo.

Well my wife thinks I'm nuts, but I just bought a well used LTV KID. I look forward to reading the threads and sharing experiences with the forum.

Hello aatv fans.I'm dollar bill.please don't get the wrong impression.i'm not over indowed with $'s I'm retired from where they print them,and my name is bill.nuff said.I own a max 4,i'ts my second max4.got started with these things in the early 90s for duck hunting.and that remains 2 b my excuse 2 own 1 now.my kids learned to drive n a maxx,now my grandkids can't wait to ride n it.I'm located in so.maryland,USA.retired electo-machinest,a car nut,and a Traveling Man PM lodge #150.

hello $1 bill , welcome to the site. where in so. maryland ? i'm in no. shenendoah valley near winchester, va. johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by dollar bill View Post
    Hello aatv fans.I'm dollar bill.please don't get the wrong impression.i'm not over indowed with $'s I'm retired from where they print them,and my name is bill.nuff said.I own a max 4,i'ts my second max4.got started with these things in the early 90s for duck hunting.and that remains 2 b my excuse 2 own 1 now.my kids learned to drive n a maxx,now my grandkids can't wait to ride n it.I'm located in so.maryland,USA.retired electo-machinest,a car nut,and a Traveling Man PM lodge #150.
    Welcome to the site Dollar Bill, Im glad that are back into the hobby. Know that there are many members within a few hours of you. It is short noticed but there is a group ride next weekend at Busco Beach, http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...12-2014-a.html . I know that you are a going to have a great time there be able to meet some of the members face to face. Plus being a fellow Traveling Man, lodge #43, the trip should be delightful!! It would be great to meet you!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by MyNewKID View Post
    Well my wife thinks I'm nuts, but I just bought a well used LTV KID. I look forward to reading the threads and sharing experiences with the forum.
    Hi MyNewKID, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your KID. Upload some photos to the gallery if you have some.

Quote Originally Posted by dollar bill View Post
    Hi Bill, welcome to the site.

Hello, I've been lurking here for quite awhile and gleened a fair bit of information to say the least. Both my hunting partner and I run 2012 hdi's and are loving them. Anything that can carry two 60+ inch moose is all good in my book!!

Apparently there is someone on this site named Terry who has something to do with Mudd Ox. Would it be possible for someone to give me his name on here as I would like to contact him.

Thank you for the contact info and congrats on a fantastic site.

Respectfully,

tm

Hi Tundra Monkey, welcome to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread