New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 517 of 722 FirstFirst ... 17 417 467 507 515 516 517 518 519 527 567 617 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

That's for the great "Howdy" Mike. I will look in to the "How To's" for that seat mod.
    Outlaw
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Hey amphibious world!

I'm new to this, so take it easy on me. I live in northern Alberta and I just purchased an Argo. Its a 1987 8x8 with a Tecumseh 016. I'm in the process of restoring it and having a little trouble finding the engine mounts. If theres anyone out there that can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Any other information on this particular unit would also be helpful as this is my first amphibious vehicle and I'm quite a fan.

I'm looking foward to chatting with you guy's and being a part of this community. There will be pics and info of my restoration as I progress in this forum.

Please share your thoughts and experiences with me.

Thanks
    Redtec878

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hey adam in va. just wondered where you are in va. 2 of us in front royal area. one is don, a real attex pro. johnboy va.
    Over the hill from ya in Madison Va. Would like to know if there are 6x6 meets? Or general ATV rides set up, when and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam in Va View Post
    Over the hill from ya in Madison Va. Would like to know if there are 6x6 meets? Or general ATV rides set up, when and where?
    Adam, we'd all like to see more organized rides, but unfortunately it takes someone to organize them. Are you a "take charge" kind of person?
    Until that person comes along, we have Busco Beach N.C. each spring and fall. Ashtabula Oh. every June and usually again in Sept. The last 2 years we have done Haspin acres in Indianna the beginning of Nov. And some are even making it to the Texas mud nationals, I believe that's held in March.
    There is also a rodeo held in your area that some go to. Most of these rides will be posted in the Six Wheeling section. Six Wheeling

Quote Originally Posted by redtec878 View Post
    Hey amphibious world!

I'm new to this, so take it easy on me. I live in northern Alberta and I just purchased an Argo. Its a 1987 8x8 with a Tecumseh 016. I'm in the process of restoring it and having a little trouble finding the engine mounts. If theres anyone out there that can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Any other information on this particular unit would also be helpful as this is my first amphibious vehicle and I'm quite a fan.

I'm looking foward to chatting with you guy's and being a part of this community. There will be pics and info of my restoration as I progress in this forum.

Please share your thoughts and experiences with me.

Thanks
    Redtec878
    Hey redtec878, welcome to the forum. We don't treat new members any differently than old ones here, so no worries about that. For your engine mounts, I'm not familiar with that particular model of Argo but try posting your question in the Argo forum and some of the more knowledgeable members should be able to help.

Hi from Western KY

Hi, I didn't see this thread initially so this is actually my second post. My name is Mark and I just bought my first 6x6. It's a Hustler 980. It will be somewhat of a project. You can follow my journey with it on my blog and find out what else I have under construction.

MendingThings.com

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.

Hi from Northern KY. I've been using a Conquest for about the past 17 years. Now time for an overhaul. I'm in the process of changing all bearings and chains and would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hi Ford, welcome to the forum. There are a couple of bearing replacement videos in the how-to section of the site on the home page. Check those out before you dive in to at least get a preview of what will be involved.

Greetings from Manitoba, Canada...

I'm looking at building my own unit...I've got a few old swathers for parts, couple of Versatile 103's for the frame and wheels, and a Versatile 400 for the Vickers Hydrostatic Transmission that I will rip apart and rebuild into a tracked unit kinda like...

IMG_3673.jpgIMG_3674.jpg

Should leave me with a 8' x 12' platform with 30" tracks to build upon...Possible attachments are post pounder, crane and back hoe for those damn beaver dams in the swamp...

+ Reply to Thread