New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 519 of 722 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 569 619 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Welcome to the forum. Have fun with your KID!

I have an old attex that my grandfather in law kept for years and never got around to and when he died my father in law took it and it sat there for years until i uncover it in one of the sheds and took it iv had never seen one before. Now i have it in my garage but i'm determined to get it going. It need alot of work however the body and frame and tranny is in really good shape i just need to find an engine and clutch

Hi jonzee1, welcome to the forum. Clutches are still available for these machines. Roy at Quality Drive is a good source. You can probably find them cheaper if you know the exact model you are looking for. Just keep in mind that if the Attex originally had a 2 stroke and you use a 4 stroke motor instead, you will also have to change the clutch on the transmission if you have one already. Good luck getting it running again. Post some photos in the gallery if you have some.

Hello everyone, and thanks for allowing me to enter your forum. I'm newly retired from the UP railroad and looking for a project. Thought about these machines and found your site. I'm sure if I find a project vehicle, you guys can help with all my questions. I've rebuilt jeeps in the past but would like something smaller and more versatile to cruise around the property on.

Hi Hoghead, welcome to the forum. Good luck in your hunt for a project machine.

Hi folks my name is Tammy and just purchased a McKee Rough Rider off an auction, it has hubs, axles, sprockets steering and cables. Everything else is gone. I know I am going to have to do a lot of fabricating and purchasing to get it up and running. The closest experience I have is with a Alsport three wheeler I had so would love any suggestions on where to get parts and pics of running gears that could help me. I am an addict to 70's machines not made in china that are different. I live in Coopersville Michigan and would love to get this going so I could take it to silver lake on the dunes and watching people try to figure out what it is. Thanks for letting me on your site. I will send pics when I get it home.

Hi Tammy. Welcome to the site.
    They are a cool looking machine, but I've never seen the drive train on one. If I'm not mistaken, they used a slip clutch system like many other machines of the same vintage.
    The machines that survived the 70's used T-20 or Argo transmissions. I'd suggest grafting in a T-20, you wont be disappointed.
    I'm over by Lansing. Looking forward to seeing you and the Rough Rider at some of the group rides.

Tom here from Newfoundland. Just bought what I think is a early 80s 6x6. No tags on it anywhere. Spent a little time on it and now it's running good. Just need to fix some splits in the lower body.

Tom, welcome to the site. Upload some photos to the gallery and let us check out your 6x6.

Hi all my name is rick from Windsor Mo. just found a 1978 sc500

+ Reply to Thread