New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 543 of 722 FirstFirst ... 43 443 493 533 541 542 543 544 545 553 593 643 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi,
    My name is Chuck and I live in Indiana. I'm semi retired and enjoy working on mechanical things. I've been into dirt biking, drag racing and now currently enjoy buying/working on/restoring/showing and sometimes selling antique/old garden tractors(Economy Power King mostly). I have the opportunity to buy a Hustler 6x6 that has been sitting for a few years, looks complete-16 hp Kohler, wheel spacers and supposedly has a track kit included(haven't seen the tracks yet). Plastic body is intact, and has a roll cage.
    My intentions are to investigate my options, see if I can make a deal, get it running and then I'm not sure.

Welcome chuckbob,

Sounds like it may be a good machine to start with. Probably a 950 hustler or sidewinder. Let us know if and when you get it. If you happen to pass, I'd be interested in some pictures and the sellers contact info.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Greetings. I am the Big Lebowski.

I am highly intelligent. I know more than you do. I consider myself a mechanical genius and miracle worker.

I will help whenever and wherever I can... providing you are polite, humble, and write in actual English. Text or chat "lingo" of any kind will not be tolerated.

That is all.

Thanks,

Will figure out how to start a new thread on the insurance question. Not sure how to go about this but will give it a try.

Claude

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't know what happened to the old thread so I will sticky a new one here. All of the introduction posts can go here so they are in one thread.

Don't be shy, tell us a little about yourself. Do you own an amphibious atv? If so, what kind. Where do you live, etc?

We look forward to meeting you.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

This is Leoman i got my first amphibious machine was an Argo Magnum 8x8 in 1990 from MI to use on my property in Northeast Ohio. Plowing snow / fishing / hunting and recreation driving. After owning my first Argo I had the opportunity to join the Argo family and become a Argo dealer . My first Jamboree that I attended was at Humphrey N.Y it was the neatest event that i had taken my family to. Over 150 6x6 and 8x8 from all make and models riding around the hills and trails, night rides, mud pits and great people. We made new friends fast and went every year until it was shut down due to property owners not allowing the event to continue. Since then I decided to continue the Fun and have been hosting a Jamboree first @ Ledges Adventure in Southington OH for 10 years until that property was no longer available now we host @ Mines and Meadows in Wampum PA . This year it will be 23 years as an Argo dealer in Northeast Oh as a full Sales and Service.

leoman

Quote Originally Posted by leoman View Post
    Hi Mike,

This is Leoman i got my first amphibious machine was an Argo Magnum 8x8 in 1990 from MI to use on my property in Northeast Ohio. Plowing snow / fishing / hunting and recreation driving. After owning my first Argo I had the opportunity to join the Argo family and become a Argo dealer . My first Jamboree that I attended was at Humphrey N.Y it was the neatest event that i had taken my family to. Over 150 6x6 and 8x8 from all make and models riding around the hills and trails, night rides, mud pits and great people. We made new friends fast and went every year until it was shut down due to property owners not allowing the event to continue. Since then I decided to continue the Fun and have been hosting a Jamboree first @ Ledges Adventure in Southington OH for 10 years until that property was no longer available now we host @ Mines and Meadows in Wampum PA . This year it will be 23 years as an Argo dealer in Northeast Oh as a full Sales and Service.

leoman
    Nice to finally have you here Dan and thanks for hosting great rides, quick point to keep your post recreational unless your posting in the commercial section as Mike may scold you. If you have some tips you answer in the forum that are helpful to members, that is very welcomed.
    Looks like I will probably miss the Adventure again this year though you may see Lindsay.

Welcome again and nice to have you.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hi leoman, welcome to the forum. Your rides are well-known. It's good to have you here.

So, new to the forum...still trying to figure it all out and where to go with questions, but just got a hold of my dad's 1978 Max II. Been sitting outside, but changed the T-20 fluid and didnt look that bad...got everything greased back up and so far everything rolls smooth. Was able to find the old clutch pulley, which looks alot like this one...4 cycle engine clutch pulley 1" bore. Anyway, now just looking to buy a new motor for it, but seems like most the motors I've been looking at, the 1" shaft is only 3 31/64" long. The clutch pulley I found is about 4" long. Doesn anyone know if there is some type of an adapter I can get so this clutch pulley will fit on a shorter shaft motor? Also, not sure exactly how the clutch mounts to the shaft...anyways, if there is a different spot where I should be askin this question, please let me know. I'm new and I also dont know a ton about mechanic work, so I'm trying to work my way through this restoration! Thanks!

Hello nykaman,welcome to the forum. Most of the engines I hear of have 1" dia x about 2 3/4 to 3 1/4" long shaft. It should be a keyed straight shaft held on by a 3/8-24 bolt.

Hello leoman,good to have ya aboard. See ya at Ashtabula this June?

Ditto what the Big Lebowski said. If I don't know it, my brother does
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

+ Reply to Thread