New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 567 of 722 FirstFirst ... 67 467 517 557 565 566 567 568 569 577 617 667 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,670 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello, i am new to this awsome website! My brother just picked up a kid 8 wheeler that was originally made for the military back around 1970. Anyone else out there that has one? This thing is incredible to say the least. There is however, little or no info. Out there regarding it. Any suggesstions as to where one might find an owners or a service manual? Thanks

Welcome!!! I have a Restored Kid and and am gaining experience . There is a spot on this sight where you can download the manuals for your Kid. I have all of the manuals. Think of the Kid as a tractor rather than an ATV and you will love it!!! The Kid needs tracks to function on soft ground.... I found that out the hard way. Have Fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AMPHIKID View Post
    Hello, i am new to this awsome website! My brother just picked up a kid 8 wheeler that was originally made for the military back around 1970. Anyone else out there that has one? This thing is incredible to say the least. There is however, little or no info. Out there regarding it. Any suggesstions as to where one might find an owners or a service manual? Thanks
    Hello AMPHIKID, welcome to the forum. There are several members here that own KID 8x8's. Like oldstreetracer mentioned, there are member-donated KID manuals in the literature section of the site: KID 8x8 Manuals

Hello everyone,

Greetings from southwestern Colorado. I just "acquired" what I've determined (with the help of this site) to be an Action Age Scrambler. I had made a comment to a neighbor who owned it "THAT'S COOL!!!" and told him how I remember reading about them in my dad's Popular Mechanics magazine as a kid. Well after helping him out with some vehicle maintenance he decided to give it to me as "thanks". I've worked on go-karts and lawn mowers as a kid and later cars and motorcycles....but never a 6x6...so this will be a first for me. It'll need a full restoration and I'm hoping with the help of this site and its members that it's not an impossible nor prohibitively expensive task as I'd REALLY like to get the thing running again...it's just TOO COOL not to.

Rob

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum and congratulations on acquiring your Scrambler. I think with your experience working on go-carts and lawn mowers, working on your 6x6 will be second nature. Good luck with your rebuild.

Hello, every one thanks for the add. I live in Elizabeth city and just picked up an attex thunderchief 440. Does any one know what the bearing and seal part# are?

Hello. New here. From west central Saskatchewan.
    Recently purchased an 84 argo 8 wheel. Needs some work so I came here to learn. Not afraid to twist wrenches and get greasy, just don't like to do the same things twice and still get it wrong.
    Enjoy hunting and the outdoors in general and like being off the beaten path. Getting older and thinking I'd sooner have something other than my back to carry the gear.
    Thanks for having me

jughead252, welcome to the forum. You may want to try searching the Attex forum for the bearing numbers. If you don't see them, start a new thread there.

Hello gneigum, welcome to the forum. Have fun with your newly acquired Argo.

New guy with a A A Scrambler project. Not sure what I have yet. It is missing the clutch that fits on the engine. Not sure if the engine is any good. Another one came with it but it has a tapered shaft. Both are 8 HP Briggs. Sprockets and chains look ok. I rode dirt bikes for about 40 years but quit at 65. I'm located in northern lower Michigan. I'm a hobby machinist and woodworker. I do a little aluminium casting too. I'm thinking of using an Suzuki Quadrunner engine because I get a clutch and transmission with reverse and I have one on hand. I have not done any measuring yet. If it doesn't work, I will need to solve the clutch problem.

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Post some photos of your project if you get a chance and let us know how the rebuild goes.

+ Reply to Thread