New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 586 of 722 FirstFirst ... 86 486 536 576 584 585 586 587 588 596 636 686 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,860 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi NC_ATV, welcome to the forum. I am assuming you are in North Carolina? If so, there are still several groups of riders around. There is an event at Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC twice a year in April and October with a decent number of ATVs that show up. There are smaller groups that get together and ride occasionally as well. I'm sure you can find someone to ride with.

Thanks, Mike! I looked up the ATV park in Goldsboro and it's not all that far away, about 2 hours. So maybe I just need to peruse the forums a bit and learn what's going on.

Name's Bert. Reside in Fairbanks, AK. Own two 8x8 Argo's. One is an 89 I/C model the other is a 2000 Conquest. Use machines for hunting and getting to a cabin I own in the Alaska range, a 50 mile one way trek in over some very swampy area.

Hello Bert, welcome to the forum.

Just found this page I started with a 6x6 and now have a 8x8 LOVE THEM!!!

Hi 8 Wheeling, welcome to the forum.

Hi Ladies and Gents. I am a Max II owner living in Estonia. Bought the Max in the UK around 1999/2000 from memory. It was one of several sold by a guy who was having them fitted with roll cages and dual rally car seats by a company called safety devices out in Norfolk (Norfolk UK ) The dual seats went out the door a long time ago, not as practical as they seemed. The roll cage stayed because I quite like having two solid lumps of steel tube to take the impact of low branches. I have never been pretty but a big old branch to the face isn't going to help me out any.....
    The other change they made was two modify the control levers to put them in front of the left hand seat. Nice idea but that particular modification has given me no end of grief over the years. As the body is open right now I am finally going back to middle sticks. A little tube bending and some welding should see that sorted... Not saying the idea was bad, just the implementation has got very tired over the years!
    I have been playing with it for all those years and have had my fair share of close shaves and squeaks in it. Currently sitting here looking at a broken pin in the shifter from the T20 and wondering what to do next but that is a question for the T20 thread.
    Question: does anyone else use their Max or Argo or whatever for light farming? Ploughing, discing etc?
    And second question: The gear shift. I have seen two options to make the forward-reverse shift a little sweeter. Splitting the shift lever to give two levers. Seems quick and easy. Or fabricating new rods to go from the levers to the diamonds with springs on them. Seems a little more complex. There was a kit for sale at some point from Richards Relics but that no longer seems to be available. So of the two options which do other Max owners feel is the better/ easier to live with approach? I don't want to start a war or anything, just looking for opinions from those who have lived with either modification. I have never liked the graunching that shifting gear brings and please don't tell me I am not rocking hard enough....There has to be a better way! Especially as both my boys are approaching the age when they could take her out to play. They haven't got the body weight to get'er rocking....

Hi eresle, welcome to the forum. I would love to see photos of your Max. Upload some to the gallery if you get a chance so we can see your roll cage. For the shifters, I have not tried the springs but the split shifter works well and is easy enough to make. Plus it does give you counter-rotation capabilities. It also makes it easier to shift.

My name is Steve I live in Medford , Ore. I have owned several amphibious ATV's. Started with a coot then a coot2 though not amphibious it was a lot of fun. Next I had an Argo And finally settled on a Max IV.
    They are all fun I just like the idea of them being amphibious.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread