New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 622 of 722 FirstFirst ... 122 522 572 612 620 621 622 623 624 632 672 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Willpill369 Welcome to forums. Sounds like a good price on a RIM (Recreative Industries Military) MAX IV project. I would suggest replacing bands and changing fluid and see where that gets you. Even if you have to put in a few hours and some money, you will be glad that you did as you will learn more about the rig the more you tinker with it. And when you are done, you can boast about your project!

Hey guys new here been trying for a while to get on. I have a 2000 MAX II been. Been playing with it mostly working on it lately. Also looking for some info on patching the cracks by the exhaust and relocating it.

Hey Touch it, welcome to the forum.

Hey Touchit, I repaired my Max II with a $15.99 plastic welder from Harbor Freight and a heat gun. It's a slow weld. I reinforced it with some screen and I installed a patch over that hole and rerouted my exhaust.

Max all the way

I've had my 1994 Max II for 5 years and use it alot in the lake and some on land. When I traded my old rusty Caravan ( I live in Upstate New york) for it I thought this thing is Crazy! Since then, I have repowered in with a new Honda 18hp V-Twin. I built a new wiring harness with a terminal /fuse box, built and installed a front winch plate/gaurd. I've replaced all the chains, adjusters and the right front bearing. I just took the transmission out because it won't stay in gear. I plan on making a new thread to discuss some of the things that happened to the transmission because it is still not working right.

Hello superdutysurge, welcome to the forum.

Hi everyone!
    It's nice to be here! I bought an older 6x6 Argo last year and have slowly been working to get it working well. I think I have my work cut out but I am sure that with your help and direction it will be well worth it!
    Again...Hi!
    Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. Good luck getting your Argo up and running well.

Still trying to figure out how to post my introduction. handle is drykilned. join date april 2017. recently bought a Max II after wanting an amphib for years.
    Found out it is probably gonna be more than I can handle at my age, 72. Was mislead by previous owner who advertised it as 2001. Serial search proved
    it to be a 1990! I bought it to use on my deer lease. Did not take long to find out it is not go where i need it to go. Bottoms out in goo mud. Trees prevent
    making different path when it bottoms. Too much labor for my age to get out and winch it through by myself. Long story short. It is for sale right now. I
    am in Moultrie, Ga. It can be seen now on Craigslist under ATVs for Tallahassee. Gonna keep working with it. May go with bigger tires later.

Hello drykilned, welcome to the forum. You posted in the right place so it looks like you have it figured out. I'm sorry that you are having to sell your machine. The downside to the Max II's with the stock 21" tires is that they don't have a lot of ground clearance and those tires are not good for the mud. Other 6x6's would probably be better for your use or you could put some larger tires on your Max II. Being a 1990 model, it would require that you relocate the muffler and remold the lower tub to fit larger tires which sounds like more work than you want to do. You could try to find a Max IV with larger 26" tires or an Argo with 25" tires. Good luck with it.

+ Reply to Thread