New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 630 of 722 FirstFirst ... 130 530 580 620 628 629 630 631 632 640 680 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Pete, welcome to the forum! Congratulations on winning your auction. I hope you get to have some fun with your Scrambler.

some recognition help.

Just picked up a 6x6 from a friend who's dad passed away. His dad took the engine out of it which is no big deal. there are no markings on it that I can find. does anyone know what kind it is by the pics? Next question is where would I find tires like this? I looked all over online and nothing like this.
    Attached Images

hi lance. If it was red when it left the factory,I would bet that it is an Amphicat. If so it came with a two stroke engine.The tires look to say Fat Cat but they have not been manufactured since the 1960s.You can buy adapters to mount commonly available five bolt rims. Wish I could see a picture of it "right side up".

Hi, Glad to be on the forum, looked at posts as a guest, lots of good info. Thanks

Hi, I had a little trouble registering but figured it out LOL. My name is Ed... I am new to 6x6's. I am in the market for one even though everyone is telling me not too, I believe its because they haven't ridden in one the usual stuff like there to slow, they are low and get stuck in the mudd just like a quad, there loud, they ride rough, they don't maneuver in the woods or over rocky terrain good, it will end-over going down steep hills Blah Blah Blah... I see the positive like riding with the wife and grand kids, and see footage of them going through some pretty rough stuff so I will get one and sit in it and try it myself before I knock them down. I'v done some research and am looking for one that is not to old where I have to work on it alot and not to new to save some money till I try it and see if I like them. I would eventually like to sell them at my Mom and Pop auto repair shop cause I think there's a niche for something like these here. Well anyway Thank You for Adding me Ed

PS should I be looking for 6x6 8x8 ??

a

Welcome Ed, I'm not sure where you are in NY but there are plenty of machines up there. If you could catch a group ride or local member I'm sure someone will take you out to show you around and probably let you drive some.
    What to look for is personal preference, currently only Argo and muddox are produced if you wish to try sell some.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hi 6x6 world. I am rebuilding a 2008 argo frontier 6x6. I am having trouble getting rusted sprockets and frozen inner bearings off if you have any suggestions? Also I notice the passenger side idler chain is very difficult to turn by hand and the new chain rubs the floor board. I have attempted to adjust using the adjuster screw, but that just seems to loosen or tighten the chain. Any ideas?

Welcome to the fun Marshman337, invest in some pb blaster and spray it a few times, tapping with a plastic hammer will help the blaster soak in. This will help, a slide hammer will help betting the inner bearings broke from the axles, wire brush the axles to remove the rust and help the sprocket slide. As far as the idler chain I would remove it and if it is stiff at all just toss it/get a new one and see if the problem persists, if not then bingo but if so I'd check for a bent belly pan ( occasionally happened to pre Frontier machines) or if by some strange reason someone wrongly put a 25 tooth sprocket on there.

Post your progress in the Argo forum.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I use the six by six as a parade float to promote my 10 children's books Little Eagle Books by Ralph Williston. I am in the process of designing and testing a new device for improving the water maneuverability for my Argo. Almost ready to patent and license the invention.

Ralph Williston

+ Reply to Thread