New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 633 of 722 FirstFirst ... 133 533 583 623 631 632 633 634 635 643 683 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi All, Name is Buck I live in Western NY, I don't have an amphib atv as of yet but what I do have is a 4/5 scale WWII Jeep. It does have 4 Wheel Drive. I bought the trans and axles from Struck, but I didn't buy the kit I decided to make all my own body parts. It's designed to float and use an electric trolling motor, but since marine grade paint costs an arm and a leg I'll just stick to dry land and mud.I just got the engine for but need a little help with a couple of connections so I'm off to the engine forum.

hello mike & everyone here.

I just picked up a mid to late 70's 8 wheeler & have a brake problem.
    the mounting bracket for the calipers are not lined up with the rotors, the rotors flex when the brakes are applied.
    any thoughts? I don't want to ruin any parts due to this problem.

New to the community. I don't own a 6x6 or 8x8 yet. However, I plan on buying one. Thought it would be good for me to peruse the community to learn as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Lothbrok View Post
    Hi All, Name is Buck I live in Western NY, I don't have an amphib atv as of yet but what I do have is a 4/5 scale WWII Jeep. It does have 4 Wheel Drive. I bought the trans and axles from Struck, but I didn't buy the kit I decided to make all my own body parts. It's designed to float and use an electric trolling motor, but since marine grade paint costs an arm and a leg I'll just stick to dry land and mud.I just got the engine for but need a little help with a couple of connections so I'm off to the engine forum.
    Hi Buck, welcome to the forum. Do you have any photos of your Jeep? I'd like to see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by yang View Post
    hello mike & everyone here.

I just picked up a mid to late 70's 8 wheeler & have a brake problem.
    the mounting bracket for the calipers are not lined up with the rotors, the rotors flex when the brakes are applied.
    any thoughts? I don't want to ruin any parts due to this problem.
    Hello yang, welcome to the site. Try starting a thread in the Argo forum (assuming this is an Argo that you are talking about). Someone should be able to help you work through the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by gaswamp View Post
    New to the community. I don't own a 6x6 or 8x8 yet. However, I plan on buying one. Thought it would be good for me to peruse the community to learn as much as I can.
    Hi gaswamp, welcome to the forum. I think this is a good place to start to learn about six and eight wheelers. Take a look around and if you have any questions just ask.

Hello! I'm new to this forum, been just casually looking around before registering. I'm a 17 years old guy from Sweden and own an Argo 8x8 Conquest with Super Tracks. It is a tad bit old, the guy who repaired one of the wheel bearings guessed it was made sometime between 1990 and 2000. I look forward to chat with all of you and hope you guys will help me when i'm in need (First time I own an Argo or an AATV for that matter). Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone im rod just got a 02 8x8 conquest with 200 hrs with new chains bearings and sprockets! It was a trade off for some of my labor. I have wanted one since my son and i worked on one 15 years ago. I live in burlington county nj on 20 acres so this was a nice add on to my toys. I am a commercial equipment tech for 33 years, expert certified in kohler briggs and kawi, and a few others. I love to figure out engine problems so if any one needs advice on any of the argo engines ask away i would gladly help out if i can. And for jersey guys i play on a private 56 acres that i am trying to work out a deal with my buddy to invite other argo riders to join in the fun. Would rather have argos there more so than quads.

New to this forum. Looking into purchasing an aatv. We have a go kart (looking to sell) , and a four wheeler. Or property has a Slough on about three acres. It's too wet floor the four wheeler to go through. We think the argo would be awesome but the sellers don't have much info on the argo they are selling. All week have for numbers on it is a tranny number which is 2833ss. Not sure if we should invest in this particular one or not. Can anyone help? The seller doesn't even know what year it is

Bronco welcome, post where you are located. The ss transmission is in an older machine and some parts are getting hard to find even used.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCreepyGuy View Post
    Hello! I'm new to this forum, been just casually looking around before registering. I'm a 17 years old guy from Sweden and own an Argo 8x8 Conquest with Super Tracks. It is a tad bit old, the guy who repaired one of the wheel bearings guessed it was made sometime between 1990 and 2000. I look forward to chat with all of you and hope you guys will help me when i'm in need (First time I own an Argo or an AATV for that matter). Thanks in advance!
    Hello TheCreepGuy, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Motormanrod View Post
    Hello everyone im rod just got a 02 8x8 conquest with 200 hrs with new chains bearings and sprockets! It was a trade off for some of my labor. I have wanted one since my son and i worked on one 15 years ago. I live in burlington county nj on 20 acres so this was a nice add on to my toys. I am a commercial equipment tech for 33 years, expert certified in kohler briggs and kawi, and a few others. I love to figure out engine problems so if any one needs advice on any of the argo engines ask away i would gladly help out if i can. And for jersey guys i play on a private 56 acres that i am trying to work out a deal with my buddy to invite other argo riders to join in the fun. Would rather have argos there more so than quads.
    Rod, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on picking up your Conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco View Post
    New to this forum. Looking into purchasing an aatv. We have a go kart (looking to sell) , and a four wheeler. Or property has a Slough on about three acres. It's too wet floor the four wheeler to go through. We think the argo would be awesome but the sellers don't have much info on the argo they are selling. All week have for numbers on it is a tranny number which is 2833ss. Not sure if we should invest in this particular one or not. Can anyone help? The seller doesn't even know what year it is
    Hi Bronco, welcome to the site. Try starting a thread in the Argo forum and someone may be able to help you out. Do you have a photo of the AATV? That always helps.

Motormanrod welcome, sounds as if you may have ended up with Mike V's machine, good luck with the Conquest.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread