New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 502 of 722 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi all,
    My name is John and I am in Dallas,GA...just outside Atlanta. Always wanted one, never had one. I have been reading these forums forever. I ave an opportunity on a 1997 Max IV, but I really could use some help in what to look for. the 18hp BS motor had a bent rod in it, which I fully believe was from sitting and 10% alcohol. Hate that gas. It has been repaired and runs just fine...a bit of surging on idle when it is warmed up, but I think that is a jet adjustment. I drove it and it seemed jerky and hard to control...but it was my first time in a skid steer. There is some chatter just as the bands grab to a stop, which I also believe to be normal. Any help to move into the 6x6 world would be greatly appreciated!!

THX!!

Hi John, welcome to the forum. The chatter sounds normal. As for being jerky, it could be due to the type of terrain you were driving it on. If it was asphalt/concrete it will be jerky. Also, it could be jerky until you get the hang of driving it. Take your time and don't feel rushed to buy one that isn't everything you want. There will always be another that pops up for sale if you are patient.

thanks Mike. I have an EZ GO golf cart that I can trade even for the Max iv. As far as waiting, I've been waiting for 30 years. I think it is time, before it is too late!!ha! What is a decent shape Max IV, 1997, 18hp worth, any ballpark guess? Cart is worth $3500 or so.

Hello. My name is Greg. I just got a amphicat and a scrambler for parts. I have been working on my mhicat for a monthe now. It drivable and all stock as far as I know. This site has already helped me on a few things.

Hey everyone, My name is brandon. I am from danielson CT. I just picked up a 70's argo 6x6. It is in rough shape but it has a brand new b&s 23hp vanguard in it. I bought it because I have 4 small children and it's hard to give 4 wheeler rides one kid at a time. Now I can strap all 4 in and head out onto the trail. I originally wanted a maxIV but for $600 i couldn't pass it up.

Quote Originally Posted by johns69 View Post
    thanks Mike. I have an EZ GO golf cart that I can trade even for the Max iv. As far as waiting, I've been waiting for 30 years. I think it is time, before it is too late!!ha! What is a decent shape Max IV, 1997, 18hp worth, any ballpark guess? Cart is worth $3500 or so.
    $3000-$4000 seems to be the going rate for one that is in good shape. However, keep in mind that you can get a newer body styled Max IV with less than 50 hours, splined axles, beadlock wheels, etc in the $4000-5000 range. I would plan on budgeting for bearings and chain replacement. Also, the non-beadlock wheels don't hold a bead at all if you plan on riding in any serious terrain, so you may want to factor new wheels into the cost. If you're just going to be putting around the yard and going in a pond or two, it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by malibu81 View Post
    Hello. My name is Greg. I just got a amphicat and a scrambler for parts. I have been working on my mhicat for a monthe now. It drivable and all stock as far as I know. This site has already helped me on a few things.
    Hi Greg, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blazin674 View Post
    Hey everyone, My name is brandon. I am from danielson CT. I just picked up a 70's argo 6x6. It is in rough shape but it has a brand new b&s 23hp vanguard in it. I bought it because I have 4 small children and it's hard to give 4 wheeler rides one kid at a time. Now I can strap all 4 in and head out onto the trail. I originally wanted a maxIV but for $600 i couldn't pass it up.
    Hi Brandon, welcome to the forum. You should be able to get $600 worth of fun out of that Argo pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Hi Brandon, welcome to the forum. You should be able to get $600 worth of fun out of that Argo pretty quickly.
    i already have, lol is there any other places besides richards relics that carry parts for the older argos?

Quote Originally Posted by blazin674 View Post
    i already have, lol is there any other places besides richards relics that carry parts for the older argos?
    Richard or any Argo dealer should be able to get Argo-specific parts but you can get many parts outside of Argo. Bearings, chain, axles, sprockets, etc can be found elsewhere. Any part you are looking for, start a new thread in the wanted section of the forum and see if a forum member has what you are looking for.

hmmm//ok. it has 26" tires so it may have new wheels. I'm not sure how to tell. I get the feeling the older, as a 97, had issues? The chains look ok,at least I think they do. not rusted or anything. what are you thinking $$? bearings and chains I mean.

thx
    John

Quote Originally Posted by johns69 View Post
    hmmm//ok. it has 26" tires so it may have new wheels. I'm not sure how to tell. I get the feeling the older, as a 97, had issues? The chains look ok,at least I think they do. not rusted or anything. what are you thinking $$? bearings and chains I mean.

thx
    John
    John, I moved your questions out to a thread of its own here: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/ebay-...ng-max-iv.html since it is getting beyond the scope of this introduction thread. I answered you there.

+ Reply to Thread