New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 514 of 722 FirstFirst ... 14 414 464 504 512 513 514 515 516 524 564 614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

My name is Paul and I live in Wasilla, Alaska. I have a 2001 Conquest with 207 hours on the engine, bought new. The only trouble I have had so far is replacing 3 bearings and I suspect it is because I have the tracks on most of the time and have stressed the axle/bearing system. Come Spring, I think I will go back to running tires only and take my chances on getting stuck (Yes, I get stuck on occasions!) in the swamp I have to transverse to get to my cabin. If I pick my way across I do alright and of course with running the tracks nothing much has stopped me. Another thing about the tracks, do they tend to bust the bead on tires if you get into a rut and "bend" them in? If so, another reason to just use the tires. I don't really need tracks since I rarely go to the cabin in the winter anyway!
    Love the info I have found on this forum just in reading through some of the old postings. Thanks to all

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy33173 View Post
    Hello. I've been looking at the forum for awhile as a guest and finally signed up. We had a scrambler when I was a kid and now I'm picking up a scrambler 1000 from my uncle. It's gonna need work and he has to many projects so I benefit (or suffer) because of it. It'll be an experience.
    Hello fozzy33173, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to finally join us. Have fun with your Scrambler restoration. Take your time and don't let it burn you out. Before you know it, you'll be reenacting your childhood memories.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor297 View Post
    Found a barn find 1960's Attex , hooked now! 6x6 self help forums are a big help in re-building!
    Hi mayor297, welcome to the forum. Have fun with your Attex.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1013 View Post
    Hi all,
    my name is Scott and I live in the UK.
    A few years back I bought a Magnum to use for offroading with friends.
    Last year I bought a Conquest that I am now rebuilding. Its been stripped down and most of the steelwork is now galvanized.
    Just hope I can remember how it all goes back togeher now and can't wait to get it dirty.
    Hi Scott, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get your Conquest back together soon enough. Post some photos of your work so we can see what you've done.

Thank you, I'll sort pictures so far over the next few days.

Hello, my name is Eyþór Árni Sigurólason, I'm from iceland near the north pole, I'm 32 years old and want to restore one of two 6x6atv in iceland, its very hard for me to find parts in 6x6atv, these two wear shipped to iceland between 1978-1988, i have found one poncin that is in a bad shape, i think its franch, i was wondering if someone her can please help me out and tell me where to find parts in it

which big gratitude Eyþór Árni Sigurólason

ps. sorry for my spelling

Hi Eypor, welcome to the forum. You are correct, the Poncin is a French machine. There are a couple of brochures on the home page if you haven't seen them already: Poncin 6x6 As for parts, a lot of parts like wheels, tires, sprockets, and chain you should be able to source locally. You can probably have a local machine shop make any axles that you need. For parts specific to the Poncin you can try posting a wanted ad here in the classified section. You never know when someone may have what you are looking for. If that doesn't work, I believe there was a member here that was involved with Poncin that may be able to help.

Hi, I'm Ryan, and my family only owns one 6x6 ATV, but I'm told it's quite a rare one and I was hoping to get some professional opinions on it. My grandfather, a while back bought this beauty, the Bristol Bush Swamper (or bush machine, as we always called it). You guys actually have it featured here. So, if someone could direct me where to post to go in-depth about it, that'd be great!

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum. Start a new thread in the "Other AATV" section of the site and let's discuss your Bush Swamper. Upload some photos to the photo gallery if you have some. There aren't a lot of Bush Swampers out there so we would all love to see it.

Hello everyone, Looking for groups to ride with in Florida. New to the forum! I was fortunate enough to have picked up an Argo 8x8 Avenger for my first multi wheeled vehicle. I use to race dirt bikes and ATVs in Georgia WAAY back when and have always wanted to own one since my friends had gotten a 6 wheeler in high school back in the early 70's. So far I have been replacing all of the standard bearings and seals with HD axels and bearings. Replaced the mid chains and the right side master cylinder. Since the guy I bought it from had only done the left side. I eventually want to run tracks. I've installed a 4500 Lb Superwinch on the front along with a brush guard and the structural hoop that goes along with it. Great machines to work on and even more fun to play in. I am in the Jacksonville Area and have been to MudMuckers once. Kind of disappointing since they had just about all of the trails closed due to inclement weather. Ahhh HELLO it's called MUDDING for a reason... So looking for new grounds to explore.

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain View Post
    Hello everyone, Looking for groups to ride with in Florida. New to the forum! I was fortunate enough to have picked up an Argo 8x8 Avenger for my first multi wheeled vehicle. I use to race dirt bikes and ATVs in Georgia WAAY back when and have always wanted to own one since my friends had gotten a 6 wheeler in high school back in the early 70's. So far I have been replacing all of the standard bearings and seals with HD axels and bearings. Replaced the mid chains and the right side master cylinder. Since the guy I bought it from had only done the left side. I eventually want to run tracks. I've installed a 4500 Lb Superwinch on the front along with a brush guard and the structural hoop that goes along with it. Great machines to work on and even more fun to play in. I am in the Jacksonville Area and have been to MudMuckers once. Kind of disappointing since they had just about all of the trails closed due to inclement weather. Ahhh HELLO it's called MUDDING for a reason... So looking for new grounds to explore.
    Welcome Mark, there's several of us here from Florida. Unfortunately none of us live really close together. We do have one that's close to you at Lake City. I'm hoping to get over that way for a ride with him around Christmas. You'd sure be welcomed to ride. He goes under the name...rcn11thacr. He's on here fairly frequently. Send him a message and tell him about yourself.

+ Reply to Thread