New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 539 of 722 FirstFirst ... 39 439 489 529 537 538 539 540 541 549 589 639 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,390 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello, my name is Davis. I recently went hunting with a wealthy friend who owned a new Argo 6 wheeler. After arriving home I decided to try and build one myself! While searching for advice I learned that this site is the best for 6 wheelers. I am extremely handy fabricator and gear head. I would like to formally ask for any advice or ideas. I currently have the moter out of one an axel system of a lawn mower , coupled with some 1' pipe and enough 1" marine grade plywood too build a garage. Hope to hear from you and am eager to post pics of the finished creation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbostard View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have a PUG F570 Back Forty. The things runs like a tank. I am looking for some replacement shock for the front end. Anyone know of some after market parts?

Thanks,

Mike
    Think I read the parts interchange with 1 of the Cub Cadets that was produced and sold through thier tractor dealers.
    Is yours the 6 wheeled version?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelier View Post
    Hello, my name is Davis. I recently went hunting with a wealthy friend who owned a new Argo 6 wheeler. After arriving home I decided to try and build one myself! While searching for advice I learned that this site is the best for 6 wheelers. I am extremely handy fabricator and gear head. I would like to formally ask for any advice or ideas. I currently have the moter out of one an axel system of a lawn mower , coupled with some 1' pipe and enough 1" marine grade plywood too build a garage. Hope to hear from you and am eager to post pics of the finished creation!!!
    Davis,

I saw a post somewhere on the internet where a guy designed/built a 6 wheel skid steer atv using many of the same components as the ones you listed. I would start there. I don't remember the search criteria I used. If I get time, I will search and post a link. The guy was offering the plans for a very nominal fee. That might be a good option too.

http://buildyourown6x6.com/ This is better looking than I remember. Only $15 for the plans.

Good luck!
    Last edited by akcrawler; 03-26-2015 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by akcrawler View Post
    Davis,

I saw a post somewhere on the internet where a guy designed/built a 6 wheel skid steer atv using many of the same components as the ones you listed. I would start there. I don't remember the search criteria I used. If I get time, I will search and post a link. The guy was offering the plans for a very nominal fee. That might be a good option too.

~ Build Your Own 6x6 ~ This is better looking than I remember. Only $15 for the plans.

Good luck!
    This guy was booted off 6X6World a while back for some shady things.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Question jmp83

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I don't know what happened to the old thread so I will sticky a new one here. All of the introduction posts can go here so they are in one thread.

Don't be shy, tell us a little about yourself. Do you own an amphibious atv? If so, what kind. Where do you live, etc?

We look forward to meeting you.

Mike
    hello I am a new owner of a used 6 wheeler was looking for a little help

Hello Davis and jmp83, welcome to the forum.

Hi , I"m a farmer in northwest Ohio ,I have an ancient Max IV I purchased around 1990 . Blew up the chapparal motor it came with then it sat a couple decades. Recently converted it to a v-twin Brigs Vanguard . Now my problem is reverse only works occasionally and only the right side drives forward. Could clutches or something in the trans be sticking because of lack of use? Any advise would be greatly appreciated thanks, J1gumby

Hi j1gumby, welcome to the forum. Check your shift linkage to make sure that the diamond shifters on top of the T20 transmission are engaging when you move the shift lever. If they are, pull the diamond shifters out of the top of the transmission and make sure that the shift pins are ok on both of them. If you need additional help, there are lots of threads in the transmission forum about the diamond shifters. You can also start a new thread if you have additional questions.

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Al, I have always enjoyed motorcycles, dirt bikes, ATVs, snowmobiles, and have had a secret desire to own an amphibious vehicle since I have been a kid. As I am a bit older now, I still ride my street bike, and my snowmobile. I live in PA, and have a little piece of property on a small shallow mud puddle of a lake that is hard to access, but has some great fishing.
    Well I have finally been able to aquire that amphibious vehicle I've dreamed of since I've been a kid. I have just purchased a well equipped used ARGO Avenger. I'm hoping it's the ticket for accessing that shallow muddy lake so I can get some serious fishing time in this summer with a few of my friends. I haven't actuall seen the vehicle I have purchased yet as it is currently being shipped, but I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. 😃

Hi Algo, welcome to the site. Congrats on your avenger. Post pics when u get it. Later Mike

+ Reply to Thread