New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 589 of 722 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Welcome greasmonky and Jim,I'm sure Mike simply misread you post. Good !uck with the new toy, read up on the absgoo and repair it with that.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

thanks for the welcome we took the engine to bud at fisher on Monday I think we lost the mag. no spark I well post some photos soon

William from Louisiana. Own a Max II. Thanks for all the questions answered with only a threads search.

Hi William, welcome to the forum. It is good to have you here. Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Hi my name is Dan, I live in south central Pennsylvania. I am a disabled outdoorsman, I was in a crash that left me paralyzed from the waist down, and I am convinced an argo 8x8 is the ticket to getting back in the woods to the good hunting spots. I have been on YouTube and 6x6 world almost nonstop reading about different aatvs. I have a cousin in the same situation and he said he loves his but he's getting a max ii next. I look forward to learning from you guys and posting when I finally get my own machine, thanks for having me in the group.

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your crash but I am inspired by your commitment to getting back in the woods to the good spots. An Argo 8x8 or a Max would both work for what you are wanting to do. The Argo with the handlebar steering may work a little better from an operational standpoint as you could really work the throttle and steer with one hand, leaving your other hand free. The Max isn't quite as easy to drive with one hand. Let us know what you end up with.

Howdy all.
    First let me say thanks for all the information I've already learned from a short time reading posts.
    The wife and I are both excited over our purchase (today) of an '03 Max 2.
    We have zero experience with this type of machine, but I do love its simplicity and relatively
    low center of gravity. Bought it from Hans actually. ..what a great guy!
    The machine is in great condition and works well. Just got it home and our only disappointment
    is that it's too late tonight to go play with it.
    I've still got lots of searching and reading to do.. and I'm sure I'll have a few noob questions
    that I won't be able to find answers to, so I apologize in advance for that.
    I'll stop for now, but.. again.. thanks for the wealth of info on the site!

thnx,
    Jake

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on picking up your Max II. That should be a fun machine for you and your wife. Hans is a great guy and he's fun to ride with too. I'm not too far north of you in Kings Mountain. If you get an opportunity, you should bring your Max to Busco Beach in Goldsboro, NC for the fall 6x6 World ride.

Hey guys and gals, I've been riding on your info here for quite some time and finding most my questions answered, I'm in Alaska and we love to hunt here, I recently pick up an Argo avenger 8x8, it's in pretty good shape though I does leak some in the water, well I should say it did, I've replaced all the bearings and seals and an axle I had to cut off, couldn't get the inner bearing off the shaft or the sprockets, now I've got it all back together, everything is nice and tight, had play in the wheels prior to removal, two of my wheels have a small wooble to them, I'm supecting the flange on the axle is bent some, both front tires have this, I'm going to go ahead an replace the axles, my question to you is, I've got the engine out want to put it back in, how hard is replacing the axles with the engine in, is it a bear or doable, should I wait for my axles before I drop the engine back in, thank you

Hey Moosekill101, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on picking up your Avenger. When I first picked up my used Avenger, most of my axles wobbled a little as well. One was obviously damaged but the others were just wobbly. I replaced all eight of my axles as well as the bearings, chains, etc. at the same time. When I got it back up and running, some of the wheels still wobbled. After contacting my local Argo dealer, I was informed that the tolerances on the flange runout are fairly large and that it's not uncommon for new machines to have slightly wobbly wheels. I wasn't happy to hear that but I figured I would mention it to you as well. Depending on how bad yours wobble, it may be worth just leaving them vs. buying new only to have the same problem. You may also be able to work with an Argo dealer that would be willing to measure the flange runout on a lathe. Again, I am being picky and this is just a slight wobble that I'm talking about. Good luck getting your machine back together. It sounds like once you have it completed, you'll have a reliable machine for many years to come.

+ Reply to Thread