New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 595 of 722 FirstFirst ... 95 495 545 585 593 594 595 596 597 605 645 695 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,950 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi Jim, welcome to the forum. The accessory switch, is that an independent switch or the accessory position on the key switch? It may be for a bilge pump? 26mm sounds too narrow for your belt. It should be 1-3/16" (roughly 30mm)

Hi everyone,

My names Robbie and I am the owner of a 1999 8x8 response. The argo was stripped of accessories but the clock has 92 hours on it and the vanguard 18 seems to be in great shape.
    Beyond a total tune up and adjustment/parts clean,
    - Hull has a few punctures as skidplate was never installed
    - it likes to turn left a bit easier then right.
    - Def want seatbelts.. and a ROPS might be needed.

Thanks for all this great info on how to manage and repair these amphibious vehicles and I hope
    this becomes the Best 500 bucks I ever spent.

Hi Robbie, welcome to the forum and congratulations on picking up such a low-hour Response. I hope you have fun with it.

Hey guys. I'm kris and I recently just purchased my first argo. It's a 2000 bigfoot with the vangaurd 18hp. Very excited to get it out on the trails but first I'm going through the bearings . Just having a hard time finding seals that aren't discontinued 😑

Hi Kris, welcome to the forum. A Bigfoot is a great machine so you should be able to tackle the trails with ease once you get the bearings sorted. For the seals, you may be able to cross reference them at your local bearing supply or auto parts store. You can also contact your local Argo dealer.

hi guys, I'm new to this forum and to aatv's. i'm waiting on my 2016 huntmaster to be delivered buy the end of the month. i will be using it for deer and duck hunting so i will have to be in water approx. 40% of the time. i haven't purchased any tracks yet because i don't know of any that swim. i figure i'll try just tires for now. any ideas? thank you

the stock tires are good for everything stick with them. congrats on the new rig!
    i bet your wallet it crying lol.

Jimmy, welcome to the forum and congratulations on picking up such an awesome machine. I think I would do as curtis mentioned and just try the tires first. If you get into really thick swamp or mud that does get you stuck, then you could upgrade. Where are you located and what type of terrain are you going on/in? Several 6x6 World members have Adair tracks and they seem to swim slowly. That may be an option if you need them.

thanks for the reply mike! i'm in louisiana and hunt in a place called raccourci pointe. the only real muddy spots are ruts of atv's and utv's. they do get deep in some areas (near sloughs and bottom areas) but we can usually avoid those areas .we are flooded by the mississippi river pretty often but we keep our roads up. i live on an oxbow lake called false river and drove an argo scout with adair pro series tracks in the lake from my boat ramp. i could not come out going forward. i had to back out. we did have a little wind but i didn't think it was that bad. i will try only tires at the start of hunting season and see how it goes.

thanks curtis. yes it did hurt my pocket. thanks for the advice. i will try it.

+ Reply to Thread