New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 640 of 722 FirstFirst ... 140 540 590 630 638 639 640 641 642 650 690 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,400 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi all,
    Stosh here, Happy New Year to you all. Owned 2 Attex 295's back in 70's and they were a ball, a lot of maintenance, but a lot of fun also! I was thinking of buying a new one but havn't been around these things in years and now I find out MAX is out of business!! The argo's look good but not sure about what model, I think a 6x6 would be my choice. Can someone give me advice about the trannys they use? Do they use t20's at all?
    Thanks

Stosh, welcome and Happy New Year to you as well. Argo uses their own proprietary transmissions which are built really well. There are two types, you can check out the Argo forum for more information. Max is out of business temporarily but are supposed to start producing new models sometime. There are still a number of used Attex machines in circulation so that's always an option for you again as well. Good luck in your search.

Dan

New to 6x6 World, Looking to buy a used Max IV that I can
    put some elbow grease into, more cosmetic than mechanical issues.

Jason from Michigan

Hi, Canadian Argo owner here for 30 years. Use them on Lake St. Clair for ice fishing business. Just bought 2011 Avenger HDI to add to the fleet.

Hello everyone, my name is Owen nice to meet you all I have acquired a 8x8 Argo that I can't figure out the model but I believe it's a 1978? Pls help ask for pics if needed, as well does anyone know if it's okay to put foam filled in the tires that are dried out? Or a cheap place in Alberta that I can buy cheap tires?

If your machine is a 78 it is likely to be either TB or an HTB with the only real difference being double chains, if there is a serial plate the designation should be on it, I don't remember if the HTB stared that early so even with doubles it may have been upgraded. As far as the foam filled I'd recommend not if there is any water crossing along with the rough ride and added weight you'll get from the foam. The Runamuks if you can find them are a good tire that swim, clean and ride nice along with fitting Argo tracks.
    Last edited by ARGOJIM; 01-17-2018 at 06:55 PM.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Hello everyone! I'm Martijn, driving an Argo Centaur

Hello everyone, username was supposed to be stromtrooper - I’m a v-strom owner amongst other 2 wheel machines z50, sl70, xl175, CR250R, but now I’m looking at a 72 skipper and I’m having fun reading all your threads. I hope to have it in my possession tomorrow. Hopefully learn from all of ya, thx.

+ Reply to Thread