What do u guys think should I buy a supacat or a Argo pics of a supacat inside

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do u guys think should I buy a supacat or a Argo pics of a supacat inside

What do u guys think should I buy a supacat or a Argo pics of a supacat inside

I see people read the post but nobody shows any interest in giving a advise or a opinion I’m going to go pick up the supa cat today and see how it goes

All depends on your intended use of the product and where are yo going to ride at. I'm guess you are in the UK?

Spacostafa we need a whole lot more info if you want good advice, but here are some things to think about:
    1) Purchase cost and maintenance cost/difficulty. I take it the supacat is rare and therefore you need to consider the availability of replacement parts. This machine looks expensive. This may or may not be a concern for you.
    2) As Dan67 notes, what is your intended use? If you are trail riding the machine looks too big to fit along a typical ATV trail.
    3) If you intend to ride on public property in your country must you have a license/registration for the machine and if so are there any laws or regulations that would prevent registration or riding on public property?
    3) What is your terrain and riding conditions? This looks like a very capable (and heavy) machine but here's something to think about: will you possibly get into places, and get stuck, where other machines can't get to you to pull you out?
    4) Would you ever need certain accessories such as tracks, and if so, can the supacat be reasonably outfitted with tracks?
    5) I assume the link you posted is not the machine you are buying, but only an example. What is the mechanical condition of the machine you are considering?
    6) It is amphibious, right?

I'm in so cal repairing is not a problem I own a auto repair shop and do a lot of custom work, I'm getting it for $4000 and it runs and drives has 31" super swampers, the one I'm getting has a cetrion gas motor 3 speed auto trans but from what I found out a vw diesel bolts on to the same trans, I want it to ride around with the kids and the wife nothing too crazy and it is amphibious, as for parts bearing I could get at almost any bearing house, and other parts are reasonable but will take a bit to get from what I hear they are pretty stout and hard to brake 1.5 cargo capacity too about getting stuck a have a 95 landcruiser with front and rear lockers on 37' chromyl axles so that thing could pull anything out

I like the looks of the Supacat. It's been many years back when I was in the military, but worked on some deployments with the Brits and I was very impressed by these machines. It is a true military/industrial vehicle, and I would for sure switch out the Citroen engine for a VW diesel, as most Supacats actually had the diesel engine anyway. They are large machines so be prepared for some maneuvering when it comes to tight trails and such. They are strong as all get out. Post up a walk-around video as soon as you get the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    They are large machines so be prepared for some maneuvering when it comes to tight trails and such.
    The ability to skid steer means that they do extremely well on tight tracks - I've had smaller vehicles such as SJs following me through wooded areas unable to keep up at times.

Go for the Supacat - it's way more fun than an Argo and relatively easy to work on. Only downsides are it does have a habit of eating track rod ends; and on the earlier Mks having the fuel filler located beneath the main cargo floor is a pain if you are carrying anything! Yes bespoke spares are harder to get but VW engine parts and some Landrover mechanicals are widely available.
    Last edited by Supacat; 10-21-2017 at 09:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread