low/ no buck oil extractor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: low/ no buck oil extractor

low/ no buck oil extractor

sick of draining the oil in my argo into the tub and having to let it run out the water drain at the rear, and too cheap to buy a marine extractor, i came up with this simple tool. i took a piece of tubing that would fit down my dipstick tube, crammed it into a chunk of 1/4 fuel line, then drilled a hole in a hard plastic water bottle and stuck the other end of the fuel line in the hole. make sure it's a tight fit or use silicone adhesive to seal it up. ( i put the fuel line in just far enough for it to be angled down, so i can see the oil running into the bottle). just put the tube down the dipstick hole till it hits bottom, and put a shop vac over the top hole in the water bottle... oil is sucked out, but doesn't run into the shop vac. i first tried it with a soft plastic bottle, and it worked, but tried to suck the bottle shut. hard plastic is the ticket. takes it a few minutes to suck an engine empty, but still faster than cleaning out the tub. i only used the fuel line because i didn't have enough of the small tube... it should work with just the small stuff if it gets sealed to the bottle well. just thought i'd share
    Attached Images
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Pretty nice setup. I put a ball valve in place of my oil drain plug with a piece of hose that is long enough to run out the tub drain hole. After I drain the oil, I just coil the hose and let it sit in the bottom of the tub.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

so you literally just take the shop vac and put in the plastic bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff t-boss View Post
    Pretty nice setup. I put a ball valve in place of my oil drain plug with a piece of hose that is long enough to run out the tub drain hole. After I drain the oil, I just coil the hose and let it sit in the bottom of the tub.
    Thats similar to my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisbyrne View Post
    so you literally just take the shop vac and put in the plastic bottle?
    not in the bottle, but over the mouth of the bottle. it sucks the air out of the bottle and the fluid into the bottle
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Good idea... I have always used a syringe... that sure takes a while...

problem now is to find a small enough piece of hose to fit in the oil dipstick hole

Curtis air line hose from a semi will fit i just did it yesterday
    Attached Images

Shop Vac FTW! Slick!

+ Reply to Thread