Camo Wrap for AATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Camo Wrap for AATV

Camo Wrap for AATV

I just got done applying a 3M camo wrap to my Max 2 and could not be happier. A little tricky at first but after about half an hour I was plugging away. Total install time was about 4 hours.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

you'll have to keep us posted on how it sticks, did you use any type of additional adhesive?

Nothing other than what it came with. I ordered a 4'x5' sheet off of Ebay for 65 bucks which was just enough for mine. A bigger vehicle would need more. I'm curious as to how its going to stay on after a couple trips in the lake.

I ordered some for my hustler, but haven't read anything good about it sticking after the first couple weeks.

Update: about 50% of the wrap has started peeling off. Got about six months with it on. Save your 50 bucks, especially if you swim your ride like I do.

did you go over it with a hot air gun after you applied it to activate the adhesive ?

Too bad, it looked good.

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

I think the problem too is that the body isn't totally smooth, I purchased a used Maxll a month ago and someone had sprayed camo they did a nice job, I would suggest finding someone who is good at spay painting and doing it that way.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Rottsrool; 01-05-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Dang I was hoping it worked out. Looked good and Im looking for ideas for mine.

I did not use a hot air gun. But for 50 bucks it at least protects the body for a while.

+ Reply to Thread