Tracks on 24'' Argo tires?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tracks on 24'' Argo tires?

Tracks on 24'' Argo tires?

I just recently purchased 24" Argo tires for my max IV, will Adair tracks fit on 24x10x8 Argo tires??

Quote Originally Posted by martin_andy25 View Post
    I just recently purchased 24" Argo tires for my max IV, will Adair tracks fit on 24x10x8 Argo tires??
    Here are a couple pictures of Adair tracks on my lifted body Max IV with 25" rawhides and a standard Max IV with Adair tracks. Call Tim at Adair Argo and he can tell you what size Argo tire they use when they make up a track kit for the Max IV.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Ive installed Tims MAX IV kit on several vehicles and the 22 inch Argo tire with the aluminum offset wheels give about 3/4" of clearance on a newer body with no sag. Ive have to use 21" tires on round headlight ones to keep the tracks from rubbing full time. You don't have the 26x12x12 tera tires on yours but my way to see if Adairs will clear the body before ordering is to attempt to fit a piece of 3/4" wood on top of the tera tires. usually just a piece of standard 1x4. If it will fit between the tub and tires ok I can install the standard 21" tires and track kit.

I tried to put the 24" tires on my MaxIV with Adair tracks and there were clearance issues. I could have worked with the tub and massaged it to fit the 24" tires but I choose instead to go with the 22 inch Argo swimming tire. I didn't like losing the ground clearance but the MaxIV is so light and the Adair tracks offer so much Traction that I never missed the ground clearance. As a matter of fact I was able to drive the Max Faster down the trails and was getting a very sporty ride with the 22 Inch tires.
    You can rock the Max if you ever hang up but I found that my MaxIV was just a flat out blast to drive with the 22 inch tires, much more sporty and fun then an Argo Frontier and the traction was so intense that I could turn sideways in mud lanes and climb right out of holes.

+ Reply to Thread