Amperage output 22hp Predator?????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amperage output 22hp Predator?????

Amperage output 22hp Predator?????

Was in at Harbor freight and the friendly young man had no clue & could find no info on amperage output on the 22hp Predator v twin.
    Anybody have a clue?

For technical questions, please call 1-888-866-5797. All I can find.

7 amp, may be able to use a Honda 20-25 amp system though I have not tried it yet. Surprisingly the battery that is fully charged on the start of your trip will last about 10 hours with the fan on and the headlights and fan on about half of that before needing a jump, once jumped it will run one ( or in our case both for atleast 45 minutes) without shutting down the fuel solenoid.
    I'd carry a jump pack or 2 if going alone or far, switching the brake fan will help a lot. Throttle is important so no extended idling with either on.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    For technical questions, please call 1-888-866-5797. All I can find.
    Thanks!!!
    That # got me a kind lady who told me the specs she could find said 7amps @ 14v at max speed.
    Definitely lower than I had hoped... My brake cooling fan & lights are both switched & I'm running a remote mounted group 27 battery because of the winch but I'm still not sure if that output is sufficient.
    Opinions???????
    Guess I could always add an alternator if it proved necessary...

Alternator would probably be easiest.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Thanks Jim!
    I missed your post here and just found your thread on "Phil" before I saw this. Overall do you like this swap or do you think I would be as well or better served rebuilding the old Kohler KT 17?

And now another possibility... just talked to a guy with an "80s" Argo 8 wheeler with all new bearings in axles, rebuilt (by him) tranny in "good" shape. Comes with a 16hp Vanguard that is supposedly 150# on each cylinder. Said the engine needs to be installed & I assume it originally had a kohler or something in it because he said the mounts need modified. He bought it that way for a project but has too many projects. Wants $1000 for all of it... I assume that 16hp Vanguard would be a good replacement for the KT 17... Couple hundred miles away so I would have to travel to see it...
    Last edited by Vance in AK; 10-11-2016 at 08:13 PM.

I'd get pics and serial number and trans serial along with double or single chain, a 16 in an 8 is going to be marginal even with a g trans with tracks. 80s machine could be tb, KB, or SB so could be manual or hyd brakes with different gearings and may have been Kohler, Briggs or Tecumseh.

He said double 50 chain and mechanical brakes. I don't intend to run tracks. I guess I'm maybe more concerned with too much hp than not enough since I have 1" axles. Maybe that fear is unfounded. Not sure. I know the tranny is hi/low but no info on ratio.
    Last edited by Vance in AK; 10-12-2016 at 12:08 PM.

I think the preditor engine is a Honda clone,will the gx660 stub shaft fit? It's a spendy shaft, over $200. Honda #23311-Z6L-820 makes adding an alternator less attractive. I had a Honda come in with the 3amp charge coils and it was expensive to convert to hi amp coils and regulator.

+ Reply to Thread