98 argo response issue

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 98 argo response issue

98 argo response issue

Hey guys just a quick question I went on a fishing trip with my argo response and when I was climbing a hill the argo was slightly slanted to the right all weight being on that side but the track on the right wouldnt spin but the left was. is that normal ? I figure they should both turn no matter what right ? It's the first argo I own so not sure if it's normal

that's the transmission doing what it's supposed to do. sends power to the side getting traction. Open differential

Ya ok just checking cause that's what was stopping me from climbing up you would think the side that has all the weight would be the one that should turn cause the other side had next to no wait on it and no traction

I get this as well. The open differential sends power to the side with the less resistance. Sometimes you can overcome this by steering to the spinning side briefly. This applies the steering brake to that side causing the differential to send power to the other side, the one with the higher traction, and you can regain some forward momentum, albeit with some change of direction.

+ Reply to Thread