Belt for a Swamp Fox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Belt for a Swamp Fox

Belt for a Swamp Fox

Hey guys, hope all is well.

I'm putting a kolher 18 magnum in my swamp fox, does any one know what size belt length would work and what would be the center to center measurement?

Thanks Russ Wheeler

HI,
    First u need to know your clutches
    most likely 770,780,790 series comet ??

The info i am aware of applies to the above clutches fitted to a 18 vanguard v twin
    1 3/16 top width belt
    780 drive with a 770 driven
    [there are 3 different diameters of secondary 770, 780,790]
    14.75--15.0 inch centres is a 49.5 to 50 inch belt
    source of belt .....richard relics ...
    It is a Bando belt industrial type

NB .. between 46.5 and 52 inch belt there is little available in the ATV type
    industrial type is then used
    An ATV belt is constructed differently to a ATV belt and may cause some issuses
    I pesonally have my setup done but i am rebuilding machine so in the near future it will be running
    ### the biggest issue u will have is the valve cover hitting the seat frame base therefor this will determine the centre distance and belt

tomo

+ Reply to Thread