New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 146 of 722 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 646 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Can anyone tell me where the best place ( find a floor plate and seats for
    A scrambler marc Xii??

Hello folks,

I'm from Newfoundland , Canada. I've lived half a lifetime in the woods, owned many other vehicles and done most of my own work on them over the years. Lately I've been interested in skid-steer vehicles because of the possibility of carrying multiple passengers and four-season use.

I've been researching AATVs through this group and other sources in anticipation of buying either an Argo or a Max. The available info and comments have been very helpful as I've never driven or had to maintain one of these vehicles.

I'm going to look at and probably buy a 1997 Max IV this weekend. The machine I'm considering has a 16hp Briggs & Stratton engine, I was wondering if anyone knows the proper compression for this engine? I'm no stranger to mechanical devices and can judge for myself on anything obvious, but I would appreciate any suggestions of things to check for or any points of concern. Also I'm interested in the costs of maintaining a Max, things like: bearings; brake pads; axles; seals; chains and sprockets; transmission difficulties; and clutch and drive.

Thanks

Hello everyone , Jason from Alaska here , learned alot by reading all the posts on Argos . Just bought a used 04 Argo avenger, has hard cab and just installed tracks. So far so good , have put 20 hrs on machine with no problems yet, but I do have a question. My chains are so tight , this can't be right is it? I've relaxed all the tensioners, used the machine and recheck and they arebow string tight again. Dealer says they are to be tight on bottom , but somewhat loose on top. I've measured all my tires and installed them correctly as per Argo track installation guidlines. Also I've tried running tracks more loose , 3.5 inch of sag with machine off the ground . Any advise will help, thanks

welcome to the site and the world of 6&8 wheelers ! my Briggs book says that they don't publish any certain pressure just that there shouldn't be more than a 25% difference between the two cylinders. i don't have a max iv so thats all i can answer hope it helps
    Quote Originally Posted by brophymd View Post
    Hello folks,

I'm from Newfoundland , Canada. I've lived half a lifetime in the woods, owned many other vehicles and done most of my own work on them over the years. Lately I've been interested in skid-steer vehicles because of the possibility of carrying multiple passengers and four-season use.

I've been researching AATVs through this group and other sources in anticipation of buying either an Argo or a Max. The available info and comments have been very helpful as I've never driven or had to maintain one of these vehicles.

I'm going to look at and probably buy a 1997 Max IV this weekend. The machine I'm considering has a 16hp Briggs & Stratton engine, I was wondering if anyone knows the proper compression for this engine? I'm no stranger to mechanical devices and can judge for myself on anything obvious, but I would appreciate any suggestions of things to check for or any points of concern. Also I'm interested in the costs of maintaining a Max, things like: bearings; brake pads; axles; seals; chains and sprockets; transmission difficulties; and clutch and drive.

Thanks

Welcome to the site everyone. Jason, as a general rule of thumb your chains should have a total of 1/2" deflection. 1/4" up and 1/4" down. The reason you are experiencing one side being tight and the other being loose is that you have your Argo still on the ground. You need to set the tension with the tires completely off the ground. Once up in the air adjust your chains to the proper deflection and then drop it back down and go ride. The side of the chain that is doing the "pulling" will always be very tight as long as you are in gear on the ground.

welcome to the site obryan, brophymd, and Rennegade hope to see some pics and if you have any questions someone on the site is bound to know the answer
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

hey obryan / brophymd / and / Rennegade welcome to the site enjoy.

Hi: My name is Dennis and I want to thank everyone for this great and informative website. I am just getting started in 6X6. I fly powered parachutes and instruct and want to do some fun stuff on the ground. I've been looking at the MAX and may want to buy a used machine. I've ridden offroad bikes and 4 wheelers in years past and have a small custom golf cart business. I need to start reading the posts, get educated, and have fun. I live in N. Central Maryland. Thanks.

Hi gang,

My name is Richie and have been lurking for a few weeks now reading all I can on this wonderful forum. My wife and I are very interested in purchasing either a Max, Argo, or Mudd Ox. Unfortunately we live in Long Island, New York. Likely this is the most unfriendly place to live if you're looking to enjoy one of these great machines and don't have private land. We're hoping to find a few places to ride within driving distance in order to trailer whatever we end up purchasing this year and we hope to hook up with some of you from the east coast.

I live in n.e. washington state, about 10 miles from canada, lived here all my life, have many atvs, gocarts snowmobiles, motorcycles, stock cars & modifide race cars tough trucks homebuilt toys & things like a road grader i built of a datsun 4x4 p.u. we live on 20 acres on the side of a mountian at the end of the road with my guns, welder torch & 4 wheel drives. it dont get any better then that. Randy.

+ Reply to Thread