track advice

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: track advice

As for tracks being harder on any machine I will take a different stance than the previous posts. I feel the Adair tracks I have on my different machines are easier on the machine in general than tires alone. I feel the track spreads the load to all the tires and axles and the track will take the shock out of what any one axle would see with tires alone. Also turning is much easier and again I think this translates to less load on the machines drive components. Maybe this it not true with other heavier or tighter track designs but it is what I have found with mine.

If at the end of the day you are still uncertain as to the best track to purchase may I suggest you relax with say, a tasty beverage.

Happy hunting, Keith.[/QUOTE]

You are right about the track been easer on the unit. If you are running a narrow track and do not need axle extensions. Its only simple physics The farther you move the wheel out from the bearing, the more stress there is on the bearing and axle. And thats what comes into play in a big way on the stock conquest axles flanges.
    Now we do not know your conditions, but I assume they are in rough conditions for you to want the Escorgo Track. I would say stick to the elevated belt track for sure. As for the turning ability of the elevated belt is far superior then a flat bottom track. Because the flat bottom will dig into the snow as you try to turn, and the elevated belt design will try to lift itself out of the snow or mud. The angle of attack is different. That alone, makes it a lot easer on the argo. When I went from a flat track to the elevated belt, It was like power steering. What a big difference it made.
    There is, I think, Three design out there. and all are good. One may be a little better then the other for your ridding conditions.

I also took my time with cold beverage. and feet up. Then jumped up, ran out side to look at the argo. I think we all do. Its a must when you have these toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tucker View Post
    You are right about the track been easer on the unit. If you are running a narrow track and do not need axle extensions. Its only simple physics The farther you move the wheel out from the bearing, the more stress there is on the bearing and axle. And thats what comes into play in a big way on the stock conquest axles flanges.
    Now we do not know your conditions, but I assume they are in rough conditions for you to want the Escorgo Track. I would say stick to the elevated belt track for sure. As for the turning ability of the elevated belt is far superior then a flat bottom track. Because the flat bottom will dig into the snow as you try to turn, and the elevated belt design will try to lift itself out of the snow or mud. The angle of attack is different. That alone, makes it a lot easer on the argo. When I went from a flat track to the elevated belt, It was like power steering. What a big difference it made.
    There is, I think, Three design out there. and all are good. One may be a little better then the other for your ridding conditions.

I also took my time with cold beverage. and feet up. Then jumped up, ran out side to look at the argo. I think we all do. Its a must when you have these toys.
    Excellent and valid point Tuck I never thought to mention that on my earlier post above. One of the meany advantages to steel grousers is the steering ability. With a Escargo track you have about 9" of grouser on the ground and the edge of the grouser is rounded, very similar to your channel track. The narrower grouser naturally give better bite into the ground and the belts riding above don't resist your turn that will give a over all better steering and driving experience along with less wheel and bearing load. Then in a flotation situation your belt is there to do its job and keep you on top of the snow, mud or muskeg.

Your experience with flat tracks prior to elevated tracks helps bring forth valuable advise.
    Last edited by 2014SE; 03-15-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Camo side up, Rubber side down!!
    2014 Argo 750HDI SE
    2008 Honda Rubicon, Camo
    2008 Jeep Rubicon, Black, 2 door, 6sp, 2 Warn winches.

That is one of the many positive attributes of the elevated track design. I am switching from a flat track to an elevated right now. One of the things I dislike about my Supertracks is that when you make a steering correction (especially going uphill) it really bogs the machine down and takes so much effort. I think with the combination of gear reduction and steering effort will really help reduce the stress on all the workings (drivetrain, engine, tranny, clutch) of the machine and even more so if you throw on some track tuners.

+ Reply to Thread