New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 463 of 722 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 461 462 463 464 465 473 513 563 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,630 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

I was wondering if you might know what size trailer that I would need to put a Argo 8x8 Frontier 650 with tracks. I know the sides are right at 60 inches but are the tracks wider then the sides.

Hi mike, welcome to the forum. For your technical question try starting a thread in the Argo forum as this thread primarily serves as an introduction thread and not everyone checks it.

Hello first time on this site, has been very helpful. Am also new owner of 1990 ( I think) max iv . Have already run into some sprocket problems. Can somebody tell me if running in deep water do you keep bilge pump on? And about how much is a chain and sprocket will cost? Thanks

Hi grimygrammy, welcome to the forum. A machine that has been maintained properly should not leak any water. If you are leaking a little water, greasing your bearings may help but if it is enough water to require a bilge pump, most likely you need to replace your bearings. As for cost on chain/sprocket, chain is dependent on the quality that you get. Search the site for recommendation on which manufacturers to avoid but most agree that the USA version of Diamond brand chain is a very good chain (there is an inferior Chinese Diamond chain version that doesn't last as long). The sprocket will depend on which one you have damaged. You may be able to post a wanted ad in the classified section of the site and post a picture of the sprocket tube you need along with the number of teeth on each of the sprocket. Otherwise you should call a Max dealer or Recreatives Industries directly: Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 to get an idea on the price of a new one.

Hello, long time lurker making my first post. I live in Northern Alberta and have a 1998 Argo Bigfoot. I've had it a while but recently I've been thinking on upgrading to a 8x8 with some tracks to better help navigate all the muskeg we have up here. Great site with lot's of info. Thanks.

Hi Positrac, welcome to the forum. From the looks of how loaded you have your Bigfoot, you could use a little more room that an 8x8 would provide as well.

Nice to see another Albertan rider welcome

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    Quote Originally Posted by grimygrammy View Post
    Hello first time on this site, has been very helpful. Am also new owner of 1990 ( I think) max iv . Have already run into some sprocket problems. Can somebody tell me if running in deep water do you keep bilge pump on? And about how much is a chain and sprocket will cost? Thanks
    Hey grimygrammy,

Like Mike said, if you need to keep your bilge pump on, you have a problem.
    I put a 500gph pump in my 1997 MaxIV and it has never turned on, I do test it occasionally, just to be sure.
    What is the issue with the sprockets, I have some axles and sprockets I don't need anymore, check the ForSale section for details.

Chain is very important, do a search for "chain" or "530 chain" and you will have enough to read to last you the winter.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

Hey There.. Just picked up a 1971 Bazooo.. very original and conplete.. needs a bit of work.. and there is not a lot of info out there.. but I see there are others with a Bazooo.. so I'll be here looking for some help.. And when I start work on it I will document the progress on my web page link in signature.
    See what's up in my workshop.. www.robeye.net

Hi Robeye, welcome to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread