New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 598 of 722 FirstFirst ... 98 498 548 588 596 597 598 599 600 608 648 698 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hello all. Im in Connecticut and purchased a 2002 MAX IV last year. I have been lurking the site and doing alot of reading here; very informative.

Not too many places to ride here. Would love to see what this thing can do on the trails. So far just on my property and up a small brook behind the house . My intent was to register and use for ice fishing but didn't feel the expense was worth the 3 or 4 times out per year.

All ready designed, manufactured and installed a Stainless Steel winch mount. Working on lighting and adding a marine deep cycle to handle the extra load. Ill post my questions on that later.

thanks for all the info

RRM CT

Hello RRM, welcome to the forum.

living in central Ky.Just Joined had an Argo several yrs ago, just got a 1996 Max Iv to fix up, definitely needs chains. This is one of the best Forums I have seen! If any one could tell me how much length of chain it takes for a complete replacement that would be great.

Hello 859trader, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your Max IV rebuild. If you will search the site, several members have posted the link count for the chains. Here's one but double check it against others to be sure: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...in-max-iv.html

Hi All...
    Well, I don't think you could find a more newby than me. I'm so new i don't even know what I have to work with.
    A few months ago we moved west to Colorado after I left active duty (Army). Once here we were informed the storage yard where all our "extra" junk had been packed had lost it's lease. They guy running the place felt bad that we had just, literally, got everything put IN storage and now had to move it all again. One of his ways to help ease the pain was to give me something else to move... an amphibious 6x6. :o
    As best I can tell it is an attek (sp?) of unknown model or vintage. Sure could use some help figuring out what I'm dealing with.
    I can say this thing is in pretty sad shape but for free... who can complain, right? It was originally orange. I can tell because that's the color of one of the chunks someone cut out of it to "install" a boat gas tank. It also has a sorta swapped in Vanguard v twin. Not sure if it even runs yet but I'm hoping. I'd love to do a full tare down restoration but reality says that isn't likely to happen. Barring that, I'd like to get it running and go from there.
    Let me see if I can load some pics.
    Good meeting everyone and I look forward to being active on here.
    Attached Images

Hi Jeepdreamer, welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your free ATV. It's definitely hard to beat free. You are correct that your ATV is an Attex. It's hard to tell from the photos but if you upload some larger ones to the gallery, some of the members can help you identify the model.

I think you made out well. The Briggs motor is worth several hundred dollars if it is in decent shape and if it has a T20 transmission in it, there's another $3-400. Even if you don't get it running, there is some value there. I think you did well.

first gen machine I think.

Hey all been lurking on and off for about a year since i picked up TB model argo with the one lung techumseh 16 that keeps giving me greif trying to figure out the best replacement without breaking the bank? Is there a minimum /max hp that i should be looking atfor an 8 wheeler? I woukd like to get it reliable enough to take into the ontario north county exploring....
    )

Hey Ford4x4j, welcome to the forum. I would think an 18HP would be sufficient for you but if you can find something with more power, that's always a good thing.

Hi to all! I just found this site a couple of days ago and signed up. I live in Regina, Saskatchewan and while I don't have an AATV yet and have no experience with one, I am looking into buying an Argo in the future. I am hoping to get some information from the wealth of knowledge that the members have.

I am looking to tow an ice fishing shack around the lake in the winter, so I figured an Argo would best suit my needs. I will be searching through posts for answers to the many questions I have, but I know that I will have to post some of the questions (some of which I know will be stupid ). I look forward to your answers and joining the 6x6 world!

+ Reply to Thread