New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 722 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 582 ... LastLast

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

jp204445 and farmtoybuilder

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Everyone! Glad to be here!

Jeff

Hello
    My name is Keith and I am buying an old Argo 6X6. Well not really that old but run hard and put up wet as my dad would say. Mechanically very good, but cosmetically challenged. But I will change that. Is $200.00 to much to pay for one of these things running? Not being fecicous I just don't know what a used unit is worth.
    I live in the Smokey mountains of North Carolina and got to find somewhere to ride. Never done this before so if anyone around here knows a good place let me in on it.

kdburris ,

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kdburris View Post
    Hello
    My name is Keith and I am buying an old Argo 6X6. Well not really that old but run hard and put up wet as my dad would say. Mechanically very good, but cosmetically challenged. But I will change that. Is $200.00 to much to pay for one of these things running? Not being fecicous I just don't know what a used unit is worth.
    I live in the Smokey mountains of North Carolina and got to find somewhere to ride. Never done this before so if anyone around here knows a good place let me in on it.
    Welcome Keith
    $200 is a great deal for any running machine. Even non running but complete machines for that matter. I would post your riding question in the Local 6x6 World Members section. Probably get a better response there then hear.
    Sounds like a good find to me.
    Larry

Cool Welcome Keith!!

Welcome aboard Keith. There are several members from NC here. And their are lots of different areas within a reasonable distance too. Throw some pics up and ask away. Somebody has been there or done that.
    Still want a KID

Quote Originally Posted by kdburris View Post
    Hello
    coollllllllllllllllllll and welcom . good to have another nc member . i'm robbie and one of the carolina boys. members are mike and jenifer , our admeinistor . and owner of 6x6 world robbie alley hunter .lewis , mcCoy raceone3 and wife beth, kahn(randy and candy) ,george, don and son's q and bud . and maney more that come down to ride . with us . we usualy ride at busco beach in goldsboro nc and at caw in winnsboro sc . hope you can make a ride with us soonnnnn robbie .
    Last edited by rdr; 05-07-2009 at 10:10 PM.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Wecome aboard

Welcome aboard guys, glad to have new members. Hope to meet and talk with you guys.....and maybe take in a ride.

Lewis
    Carolina Boys

Small Introduction

New on this site and as with a lot of the newcomers full with questions.
    I almost am afraid to say, keeping in mind your logo, but we own a quad.

... that probably already took care of some of the members to stop reading ...

We live in Belgium so on the other side of the rather large lake.
    No mountains to conquer and no Mooses to hunt.
    However we live in a small village at the edge of the forrest. Years ago we decided to buy a quad as we absolutely needed one.
    We bought a cheap utility quad the Loncin 250cc 2x4. Cheap and poor quality but loads of fun and we use it as well to help out in the garden.
    Pull some little trees out of the ground, carry some gear, bring the garbage to the village, lawn maintainance etc. And of course we have fun with it in the garden and the forrest.
    A couple of years ago we decided to go a bit bigger. So the TGB Blade 425 4x4 was added. In respect to the Loncin a big machine. Fully automatic and 4x4 with High and Low gearing. We were amazed at how strong it actually was.
    So again we use it for maintainance in the garden and it can easlity pull a decend size (European size) trailer. Great fun as well. We took it with us on a holiday on the isle of Corse. Very nice island for a quad.
    Although it is a lot better in many ways then the Loncin, we still kept the other quad. And not only because we almost wouldn't get any money for it anyway, but the size and the smaller turning circle meant in some cases we could do more in the garden with it then the bigger quad.
    On the public road you do notice the advantage of the heavier TGB.
    Quads are getting more popular over here each year. And fortunatley there are still places where you are allowed to drive them. Altough more and more communities are blocking them ofside the public road.
    Electric versions might reduce that....

But back to the plot.

We were looking at getting another quad, Yamaha, Suzuki or something like it or even a second TGB (as you notice I am quite pleased with it). Major downside is the fact that you can't really carry children.
    So it would be nice for me and the wife to go and have fun but with two young kids that won't happen.

Then one day we were looking at Orange County Choppers on Discovery Channel and saw the Teutel family (a very funny name in Dutch by the way) go out in, I think, an Argo 8x8 (or 6x6) and that got us interested. You don't see many of those around (basically none in the area). So we are looking if such a vehicle could be something for us. However a different thread would be better for all the questions.

But there you have it, the (semi-) short story behind KiloKilo

KiloKilo welcome. I think you will find an ARGO a verry usefull tool in your home garden and a family-gear hauler, Also so much fun to drive, good luck
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

+ Reply to Thread