Fast moving river crossing question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast moving river crossing question

Fast moving river crossing question

has eny one purpesily let there AATV fill with water so it stay on the bottom of the river to cross instead of fighting the current. like the movie Rock Dr showed were they had to winch across the river and im shure a ATV had to cross to set up the line. and no I dont mean submerining a AATV.

Someone may have done it by accident, I doubt on purpose. One problem is when water gets to the bottom of the flywheel/fan level on a briggs vanguard, water gets thrown up into the air cleaner, filter and possibly down the carb.

Actually, I walked the line across in my skivvies, and we had to carry the kids across on our shoulders. We also had to float/winch quads across there before

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Someone may have done it by accident, I doubt on purpose. One problem is when water gets to the bottom of the flywheel/fan level on a briggs vanguard, water gets thrown up into the air cleaner, filter and possibly down the carb.
    I'm with RogerS, it doesn't take much water in the machine till it starts causing issues

thanks for the feed back. The river in the Seirras should be running fast this spring with all the rain and snow. there just deep enought to make the Argo float just to be bashed in to the rocks by the fast moving water

When people ask me what all my argo can drive thru, I always just tell them that what they can't travel thru is fast moving water and Lava, all else is conquer-able, including climbing trees!!! People don't believe me, until I give em a ride and prove it to them, buy making my bigfoot go verticle! I really need to get a picture of that!!!

Something I wasn't going to mention, but what the hell.
    I have loaded my Argo with rocks to weight it down to cross fast water, but it's not something I would recommend. It's a lot of work, and could potentially get you in real trouble fast. They are made to float, so let 'em float ;-)

+ Reply to Thread