It's video time

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 232 of 249 FirstFirst ... 132 182 222 230 231 232 233 234 242 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 2481

Thread: It's video time

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Now that looks like fun! Thanks for sharing the videos. That's my kind of riding.
    Me too, I love cruising the back waters and less traveled places

Swamp Stomping that's what we ride in in Florida

Nice videos.

Nice example of why not to use non chevron type tires, either open bars or closed.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Nice videos.

Nice example of why not to use non chevron type tires, either open bars or closed.
    The Argo in the Video has 22" Kenda bear Claws, They don't swim very well but do move the machine forward and backwards in vegitation free water all beit slowly, those tires work quite well in thicker mud and that machine sticks to side hills like glue but struggles when it's bobbing for traction.

My max has the 26x14 Vendetta tires, they skid very easily and seem to work "OK" in most mud I've been in. They swim forward VERY fast and lift the machine up in the water when I blip the throttle but they do absolutly nothing in reverse lol. I spent 10 minutes between 2 trees on a shoreline I couldn't climb up on because it just doesn't move in reverse. The tire design prevents the usual "mount the front two backwards" solution to this problem.

Try reversing your rear tire on the very back of each side, that should give you some reverse swimming capability without taking much away from your forward speed.

Canadian Zuk, Can you explain why the tire design prevents the usual "mount the front two backwards " solution to this problem??? Thanks

You know, I could be completely off base with that comment. I just looked at the tires again and for some reason I had it in my head the trailing edge of the lugs had more of a smooth transition into the tire carcass. I'm going to turn the rear two tires around and try it out then give an informed opinion vs my previous assumption.
    Last edited by Canadian_Zuk; 05-05-2016 at 02:39 AM.

If that Argo had the new 22" Argo swimming tire I think you would find it would have a lot more Versatility! Pertaining to the Vendetta's on your Max, I absolutely love those tires. I had the 16" wide version on my Max for awhile and found them to be the closest tire I could get to tracks. As I understand it the 14" version swims very fast in the water. My experience with those tires was to keep them spinning and they would walk through just about anything as long as you kept them spinning! The ride on the Vendetta's was better then anything else I have experienced.

I would love to have a set of the 14" inch wide Vendetta's on my Argo 8x8. I think they would be they best compromise between tracks and tires and just might set the record for swim speed on an Argo 8x8.

Fishing at sunset

Last edited by tbone9; 05-16-2016 at 12:09 AM.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Beautiful video.

+ Reply to Thread